PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2009, 09:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: VZW

hpdrifter is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Any VZW Specific ROMs?

I've been trying a few ROM's out there here and on XDdev. web sites. they are all very good and I can see tha hard work that is put inot these. My only question is are there Verizon specific Roms? I am downloading the verizon cabs but they seemed to be missing a few things, like pix/flix messaging and visual voice mail. It's kinda funny you'd think the verizon guys would hack the most since our phones are locked down the most! I see a lot more sprint ect. guys doing great work! Thanks!
Old 08-02-2009, 09:16 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx
Re: Any VZW Specific ROMs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpdrifter View Post
I've been trying a few ROM's out there here and on XDdev. web sites. they are all very good and I can see tha hard work that is put inot these. My only question is are there Verizon specific Roms? I am downloading the verizon cabs but they seemed to be missing a few things, like pix/flix messaging and visual voice mail. It's kinda funny you'd think the verizon guys would hack the most since our phones are locked down the most! I see a lot more sprint ect. guys doing great work! Thanks!
there are a lot less verizon users than sprint, most roms work fine on sprint or verizon or any other carrier, i make my rom for my vzw touch pro but it works with all carriers, SSK rom makes his towards vzw touch pros also
Old 08-03-2009, 09:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

Xitdis is a n00b

I have Verizon, and would recommend SSK.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

vumpler is becoming a great contributor

I have VZW and suggest Mighty6, just change the PagePool to 12, 11, or 10 and its a dream.

I tried SSK for a while but (no offense to them) Mighty just does something right. Everytime SSK comes out with something good there are still 2 or 3 flaws. Mighty then releases a leaps and bounds more solid, speedy rom and then you end up beating yourself up for wasting the 20mins downloading and flashing SSK and all the time you spent messing with the rom.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:10 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Moved to the general Touch Pro Forum.

late,
Coz
Old 08-03-2009, 02:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

SSK's and boreds roms/kitchens are made for and on VZN TP's.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: verizon

schollianmj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularschollianmj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularschollianmj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularschollianmj is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

also might look into DCD's Rom. it is STRIPPED but once you Cab in what you want it is a freaking rockin ROM.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC XV6850

n00dle1003 is becoming a great contributor

SSK : http://www.sskusers.net/
lllboredlll's kitchen : http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=60807
da_reeseboy's Generic WM 6.5 23016,21828 SYS and ROM for TP here... :
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74210

They're all fast!
Old 08-05-2009, 08:53 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

I just released a VZW version of my rom and I daresay it's faster than my sprint version..
Old 08-05-2009, 09:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: xv6700 -> xv6800 -> xv6850(TP) -> TOUCH PRO 2!

ZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

SSK is your best bet, I'm currently using the latest build on my TP, 2.5 Beta2. like the other user said, head over to sskusers.net and look under the touch pro forum there.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro