PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2009, 07:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

asgard_thor is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Late text messages, permanet fix?

I am using pretty much stock Sprint Touch Pro
sprint pro clean up + SMS-MMS threading(that i switched to a few days ago)

I'm getting alot of texts crazy late
and sometimes if I make a phone call or launch a data connection using app, I get texts, I've looked around and didn't see anything
Old 08-01-2009, 08:07 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Late text messages, permanet fix?

Something like this is what recently happened to my phone. I recently had it replaced by sprint as I (we lol) determined it a harware issue. Turns out I wasn't receiving text/incomming call notifications until I made a phone call.
It's like the radio quit, new tpro = no more problems.
I concluded the 1x radio notifications quit triggering the phone, it occurred after letting the phone get really hot while tethering at work and that whole weatherpanel data always on scare about a month ago...
...or are you talking about the drunk texting thing? Lol...

Last edited by rstoyguy; 08-01-2009 at 08:12 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-01-2009, 08:11 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

asgard_thor is a n00b

lol not the drunk texting thing

Well, I really don't want to go through that process of getting a new Tpro
My phone is at 1x all the time,so any options what I can do? to make sure its triggering, making a call doesn't always work
Old 08-01-2009, 08:17 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

I tried all the radios, new roms, etc. I finally called sprint tech support, we upped the PRL and what not and couldn't get it to work. So they sent me out a new one, a brand new refurb to replace my 2 month old baby brick. The phone just got too hot, and as a result something melted/came-unsoldered/whatever. My fault or theirs, the hardware just couldn't handle the heat...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:13 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

asgard_thor is a n00b

so are they're any other options? that I can do
Old 08-02-2009, 02:59 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

call sprint and tell them whats going on. maybe they can change something on your profile for an easy fix.
Old 08-02-2009, 01:39 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

When I was with Sprint my friends could chisel their messages on a stone and hand deliver them faster than Sprint could deliver them. I spent hours on the phone with tech support and went through several TP replacements before I gave up and Verizonized it. Now my texts are instantly delivered in both directions. The strange thing is that I have another friend that has a Diamond and he gets his in a reasonable amount of time. So who knows what the problem is.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:37 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

do you get better service with verizon?
Old 08-02-2009, 04:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
do you get better service with verizon?
In the west, where I'm at, I would say coverage is a wash. Especially with the roaming agreements the 2 carriers have with each other. However, right before I switched, not only was I having issues with text messages, but I was also having a problem where I'd have 4 bars of signal, but my phone would never ring and callers would be sent to voicemail. Sometimes the voicemail indicator wouldn't come through for an hour or so. I tried setting the slot cycle index lower, working with Sprint tech support, swapping out phones several times, and they just couldn't fix it. I was really bummed I had to switch after 9 years of Sprint's great prices and the first to get the cool phones, but the service just wasn't working out.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I swapped from Sprint to VZ for all the reasons already listed -problem solved.

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro