PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2009, 06:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hybrid Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Tilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Late text messages, permanet fix?

Below is a copy+paste from my post in another thread... The thread is about battery life, but it also invloves changing the SCI. By changing your SCI's value to 1, I can guarantee no more late messages or calls. I have put the steps which you need to follow below in bold lettering.
Original post
Re: Question.why Cant I Get 6 Hours Off 1 Battery?>>
People having battery problems EVEN after trying different radios... This one's for you... Try this and let me know if you see any difference. Note for this study since the terms are just battery use and not cellular strength, I recommend everyone flashes to Telus 1.04.05V Radio, and simply avoid roaming. I don't know which is the most [battery] stable Radio for GSM.
#1. You need your SPC. BAFMSL is the quickest way.
Link: http://code.baf.cc/mslgrab/BAFMSL.cab
#2. After getting your SPC, click (from within the program) on EPST. and click 'Edit'

#3. Click 'View Info' then 'NAM Settings'.
#4. Go down to ACCOLC in this windows and edit it to be 7 or 8.
#5. Click 'View Info' again, then 'Modem Settings'
#6. Edit your Slot Cycle Index (SCI) to 1. You're Preferred Service System should be [Carrier Name] Only. I.E., I use Sprint, so mine says 'Sprint Only'. Finally make sure that 'HDR Hybrid Preferred' is enabled.
#6.b While you are already here, click 'View Info', then 'Data Parameters', and make sure that your Rev.A is ENABLED!!!
#7. Click OK at the top right corner and click OK again. You MUST let it Soft Reset... Or else! :-p
Old 08-02-2009, 06:32 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

Wait, if you are on 1x all the time and connected to data, then calls and texts wont come unless u disconnect

Old 08-02-2009, 06:57 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilde88 View Post
By changing your SCI's value to 1, I can guarantee no more late messages or calls.
It's a great tip & there's no harm in trying this, but I can tell you this did absolutely nothing for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
Wait, if you are on 1x all the time and connected to data, then calls and texts wont come unless u disconnect
Calls will go to voicemail if there's an active data session, but texts should still come in.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
It's a great tip & there's no harm in trying this, but I can tell you this did absolutely nothing for me.

me either

~John
Old 08-03-2009, 02:10 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by asgard_thor View Post
Late text messages, permanet fix?
yeah i got a couple fixes. just drive over to them and talk to them

or

just call them...easiest one

EDIT: WTF did you edit your orignial post to something different? no none of the posts make any sense to the OP. just keep your threads seperate

Last edited by psycho_maniac; 08-03-2009 at 02:13 AM. Reason: disappointed in the OP
Old 08-03-2009, 03:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

asgard_thor is a n00b

well, I called sprint
Went through the normal troubleshooting, even though I told them that I did the power down many times, and it just happened to work right then, then of course a few minutes later after getting off the phone it stopped working again, after I made a statement, she suggested she will call back in a hour, and never did. o well
it seems to be working for a good hour now :/

I used the thing the guy above posted, didn't help much at the time, still did it

should I be free to install SMS-MMS again?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro