PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2009, 07:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: verizon

brianmcbride99 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon TouchPro Bricked please help!!!

I've been searching but haven't been able to find anything so I figured let's post something new. I've flashed my Verizon TP to many different WM 6.5 ROMS with great success. I recently flashed to a different one(believe it was the ENERGY ROM) after the flash the phone reset itself and will now not get past the Verizon Wireless start screen that says "please wait, phone starting up"

I have let it sit for hours and nothing. I tried renaming the .nbh file to RAPHIMG.nbh and putting on the microSD card then resetting...no success.

I'm at a loss and am afraid that it is now a "brick." Can anyone provide any insight or advice?

Thanks in advance,
--Brian

Last edited by brianmcbride99; 08-01-2009 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Title incorrect
Old 08-01-2009, 07:31 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Verizon TouchPro Bricked please help!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianmcbride99 View Post
I've been searching but haven't been able to find anything so I figured let's post something new. I've flashed my Verizon TP to many different WM 6.5 ROMS with great success. I recently flashed to a different one(believe it was the ENERGY ROM) after the flash the phone reset itself and will now not get past the Verizon Wireless start screen that says "please wait, phone starting up"

I have let it sit for hours and nothing. I tried renaming the .nbh file to RAPHIMG.nbh and putting on the microSD card then resetting...no success.

I'm at a loss and am afraid that it is now a "brick." Can anyone provide any insight or advice?

Thanks in advance,
--Brian
You have not bricked your device.

Please put your phone in bootloader (Hold the power button, volume down button and reset button simultaneously until a rainbow screen apears) from that point plug it into your pc and flash to another ROM... Any rom but the one you just tried.

There you go.

On that note, thread will be moved to main touch pro forum. Please read the forum rules before posting topics in the wrong thread.

Take care my man! goodluck
Old 08-01-2009, 07:40 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

brianmcbride99 is a n00b

Mighty Mike, thank you for your help. I was trying to get into the bootloader earlier and was going about it the wrong way (vol down + center button + reset) little did I know it's actually the power + vol down + reset. Thanks so much for your help, and sorry about putting this in the wrong forum. I just read through the rules -- should have earlier sorry.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:41 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianmcbride99 View Post
Mighty Mike, thank you for your help. I was trying to get into the bootloader earlier and was going about it the wrong way (vol down + center button + reset) little did I know it's actually the power + vol down + reset. Thanks so much for your help, and sorry about putting this in the wrong forum. I just read through the rules -- should have earlier sorry.
It's ok bud, it was your first post afterall

Glad you got the phone in bootloader, now you can flash another rom and have some success.

In regards to NRGZ rom, I have read that the latest one is having issues with verizon users specifically the device not booting.

So just pick another rom for now and check his thread for updates in the future

Take care.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:49 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

brianmcbride99 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post

In regards to NRGZ rom, I have read that the latest one is having issues with verizon users specifically the device not booting.

Take care.
Wow, should have read a bit more then, thanks for the tip, I'm actually flasing back to your Mighty Rom 6 now. Great ROM, and honestly I should have stuck with it...I just got antzy to try something else. Thanks for all you do man...VERY much appreciated!!!

--Brian
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

try boreds or SSK's roms. they both were designed for the crippled VZN TP's.
Old 08-02-2009, 12:46 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)
Carrier: Verizon

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

VZW users should be aware that you need to manually change the pagepool before flashing any rom as some are so loaded and with such a high pagepools that there is not enough ram to actually boot and use the device!
Old 08-02-2009, 11:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

not true on the two i listed. the page pool is already set low for that reason. you can mod it if you want though.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post

Glad you got the phone in bootloader, now you can flash another rom and have some success.

Take care.
I have noted that to on older builds of my ROMS even. It all matters what version of NBHCRT being used. Well atleast it seems that way.

But yeah, try my ROM ;c) Litterally hundreds and hundreds of satisfied VZW users. Desgined and tweaked on a VZW Pro.

Donations always accepted but never expected!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro