PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2009, 02:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Boost Unlimited

Nolimittodis is keeping up the good workNolimittodis is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Newbie question

I am new to the PPC scene but im trying to learn. When building or cooking roms, I have an HTC touch pro on sprint (boost unlimited) and i was wondering when building, can I use any build ie apache, herman, titan, or are they phone and carrier specific? Also my wife has a diamond, can I use these same roms I build for the pro on the diamond or is that a different kitchen? Last how do I know if I am vga or qvga?
Old 08-01-2009, 02:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre and proud of it!
Carrier: Sprint

Rafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to Rafy0003
Re: Newbie question

It would have to be specific for carriers you do not want a Att rom on Sprint, Touch Pro is Vga, I believe Diamond is Qvga.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:59 PM
VIP Member

dodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafy0003 View Post
It would have to be specific for carriers you do not want a Att rom on Sprint, Touch Pro is Vga, I believe Diamond is Qvga.
i thought diamond was vga as well thougth the screens were the same size, any who you always want to build a rom for your specfic phone diamon for diamond touch pro to touch pro ect.
Old 08-01-2009, 03:04 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Moved out of 'upgrade' forum - see here for Must Read
Old 08-01-2009, 03:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

k_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to k_semler Send a message via MSN to k_semler Send a message via Yahoo to k_semler Send a message via Skype™ to k_semler

The HTC Touch Pro is also known as the HTC Raphael if you are going by internal code names.
Baseband: UCKJ3
Kernel: 2.6.35.7 - I997RUXG3-CL366622 user@netbook #Infusion-GB-CoreA
Old 08-01-2009, 03:34 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolimittodis View Post
I have an HTC touch pro on sprint (boost unlimited)
sorry im kinda taking away from your true reason of your post, but inquring minds would wanna know..

how did you get a Pro on Boost???.. they use the iden network.. it was supposedly impossible to accomplish what your claiming..
Old 08-01-2009, 04:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Nolimittodis is keeping up the good workNolimittodis is keeping up the good work

Boost has 2 sides, unlimited by boost which is nextel (iden) and boost unlimited which is sprint (cdma). most people dont know about the cdma side because they dont advertise it anymore. there were originally only 3 phones, the w385, k1m, and c290. If you had or have boost unlimited, you can buy a sprint phone and swap it onto your account. Howardforums.com has a whole section on boost unlimited.
Old 08-01-2009, 04:53 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

so your getting unlimited everything for 50 bucks on that pro then huh
Old 08-02-2009, 06:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

yeah i get talk text web and mms. the only thing i dont get is sprint TV. I have tried the sprint radio either. but im ok with not getting tv or radio on my phone.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)
Carrier: Verizon

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well one correction....Diamond and TP are BOTH VGA...only difference between the two really is the TP has the slide out keyboard!

As for what rom you need to build using the Herman for the TP (CDMA)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro