PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   HELP! I can't switch input method! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=77528)

winoz 08-01-2009 09:47 AM

HELP! I can't switch input method!

I install servral input method, but I found that I can't switch to another input method when I writing text message, email or something. I touch the delta sympol beside the input method, but it doesn't work, somebody help?!!

HBOOT 08-01-2009 09:53 AM

Re: HELP! I can't switch input method!

can you try to uninstall your new input methods man,some of them can really push for a Hard reset...try uninstall man, and hopefylly you have a back up available...

winoz 08-01-2009 10:05 AM

I tried, but didn't work.

HBOOT 08-01-2009 10:07 AM

soft reset and immediately try uninstall . what sip 's have you installed anyway? AND I assume you have a TP?? Sktools maybe something that will take them out...as it has "uninstall feature" if you have it

ChaosTheory 08-01-2009 11:31 AM

Could be the fact that you tried installing multiple SIPs, they could be conflicting and causing the problem. Soft reset as HB says, and if that fails try a hard reset. Then just pick one SIP (I recommend Fingerboard, have a cab of it if you like) and use it. If you don't like it, uninstall it before trying a different one.

aaronvlee 08-01-2009 12:14 PM

a precise calibration could be the issue if that sip conflict doesn't solve it.

ChaosTheory 08-01-2009 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaronvlee (Post 1075038)
a precise calibration could be the issue if that sip conflict doesn't solve it.

Good thinking! +1

Carla 08-01-2009 12:37 PM

Use the Key Board LOL....I agree with the calibration though, that seems to solve a fair amount of those types of issues, at least for me, since I just do the initial calibration real quick during a flash.

ChaosTheory 08-01-2009 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlaDarla (Post 1075071)
Use the Key Board LOL....I agree with the calibration though, that seems to solve a fair amount of those types of issues, at least for me, since I just do the initial calibration real quick during a flash.

Hi Carla :wave:

:shock: These things have a keyboard :shock: I wondered why it looked like there was a crack in it :scratch::lol:

Love the keyboard, feel kinda bad for those without it, though the Fingerboard is nice for a quick reply.

HBOOT 08-01-2009 12:44 PM

Duuude, dont say crack man:evil4: