PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2009, 03:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Storm -> HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

probuild521 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
android on touch pro

i saw a video on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH-VLYX0d68

it looks like he is running both windows mobile and android. how do you do this? and also which version of windows mobile is he running?
Old 08-01-2009, 04:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

sprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: android on touch pro

He is booting a ported android kernel. it is not finish and therefore not fully funtional (calls and txt dont work) but feel free 2 try it out it cannot her ur phone. just go 2 the website in the description.

he is running winmo 6.1 (it may look different 2 you because he is using point ui as his homescreen)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:40 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

dont know what people think is so special about andriod...ive played with my buddys G1 and it sucks IMO...

if you want to mimic Android... you can do it with point UI 2 and WAD2, ive seen plenty of android themes
Old 08-01-2009, 02:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre and proud of it!

Rafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to Rafy0003

Android is the new "thing" why not? Just wait till the Hero goes to Sprint and see how much uproar there will be.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero w/ Custom ROM

celsius0010 is keeping up the good workcelsius0010 is keeping up the good work

android is a solid os and it allows customization... Its not as robust as wm nor does it have as much user support.. But its way faster and easier to use
Old 08-01-2009, 07:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

bigirb2002 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to bigirb2002 Send a message via Yahoo to bigirb2002

its easy actuall go here read directions.all it consist of is downloading the folder place it on sd card.the execute the startup file and thats it real easy. http://connect-utb.com/index.php?opt...-port&Itemid=1 . if i helped you thank me
Old 08-01-2009, 10:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (CDMA)

takimaki is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
dont know what people think is so special about andriod...ive played with my buddys G1 and it sucks IMO...
Quote:
Originally Posted by celsius0010 View Post
android is a solid os and it allows customization... Its not as robust as wm nor does it have as much user support.. But its way faster and easier to use
I think the attraction of Android is that its a open-source mobile OS built on a Linux kernel. This means you can customize the hell out of the SOURCE CODE, which we cannot touch with Windows Mobile. What I don't understand is the WM users defending a proprietary closed-source OS over the opportunities and potential offered by something like Android. While WM is flexible and customizable, it doesn't come close to what can be done with an open-source OS.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero, Touch Pro

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

IF only android would be fully functional on our phones.. I've been watching the progress for some time and it seems to be at a stand still. . I don't want to replace my OS with Android, but i'd certainly like the option to boot it up every now and then for something different.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro