PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2009, 06:37 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ok, windows 6.5 and wifi connecting...

this is really annoying. i live in split level apartment, and in the lower level i get absolutely no reception. i have a wifi router setup and everything, but its extremely hard to connect to the wifi network, because apparently, win6.5 has no wifi browser. well, it does, but only if it finds a network first. and for some reason, it can never find my router unless i try to run wifi monster. but for some reason, wifi monster doesn't actually connect to the network, it just times out after the given 60 seconds or whatever, but right after it times out, i get a *bleep* and boom, i have the option to connect as a notification.

so, my question is, how do i bring up the standard windows wifi selection application, because if i go to settings/connections/wifi whatever, it just gives me a list of different types of network connections, internet, work, and then below that is the adapter with a bunch of other junk i never use. whats the deal with this?
Old 07-31-2009, 07:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Re: ok, windows 6.5 and wifi connecting...

comm manager/settings/wireless LAN/menu/WiFi/serach for new network

~John
Old 07-31-2009, 08:05 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Threadstarter

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

see, my problem is that instead of an option to search for new network, it brings me to the "configure network adapters", where it gives me the option for internet or work, and then l2pt, ppptp, async, ieee.....etc etc.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hybrid Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Tilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
this is really annoying. i live in split level apartment, and in the lower level i get absolutely no reception. i have a wifi router setup and everything, but its extremely hard to connect to the wifi network, because apparently, win6.5 has no wifi browser. well, it does, but only if it finds a network first. and for some reason, it can never find my router unless i try to run wifi monster. but for some reason, wifi monster doesn't actually connect to the network, it just times out after the given 60 seconds or whatever, but right after it times out, i get a *bleep* and boom, i have the option to connect as a notification.

so, my question is, how do i bring up the standard windows wifi selection application, because if i go to settings/connections/wifi whatever, it just gives me a list of different types of network connections, internet, work, and then below that is the adapter with a bunch of other junk i never use. whats the deal with this?
yea i dont know why John responded with that... lol obviously if you can connect upstairs you know how to do it... maybe incase you forget on the way down... lol jk...

Anyways, have you tried the EnableWLANGMode cab? See the WiFi radio on the TP is G speed/range capable but capped [in the registry] as a B router... I know...Dumb right?
Try this out cab out, and lemme know!
Attached Files
File Type: cab pocketnowEnableWLANGMode.cab (1.1 KB, 11 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-31-2009, 04:58 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Threadstarter

i don't think i need to install that, because when i do get connected, its at 54 mbps
Old 08-01-2009, 06:19 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Threadstarter

this is the wifi manager i'm looking to be able to use:

but when i first turn on the wifi, and for about 5 or so minutes, if not longer, all i can access is this:

the first tab isn't even visible until after the phone has found the first wifi signal, even though i have a full strength wifi reception anywhere in my house. i'm trying to find out why it is taking forever for the first screen to become available, or find a program that can actually connect to a network, something like wifi monster. wifi monster can see the router right away, but when i try to connect, it just doesn't.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SkinSnap001.jpg (27.4 KB, 30 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg SkinSnap002.jpg (51.6 KB, 29 views) Click for barcode!
Old 08-01-2009, 09:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

askwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Since you seem to be at the point of fishing for ideas, here's another one...but probably not a keeper:

Even though it's pretty outdated (2 years), have you tried using WiFiFoFum to see if its method of scanning might *more quickly* trigger WinMo into detecting the network from downstairs than the 60 seconds or so it takes WiFiMonster to timeout and do that for you?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro