PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2009, 12:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch pro
Carrier: METROOOO!!!

nanyjokerx10 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to nanyjokerx10
Exclamation no Metro Reps in port st lucie will flash my touch pro

i have a simple question. Beause before i was planning on going into the store and haveing them flash the phone for me. But the problem is EVEN THO its on there web site that they can do touch pro's, everyone is telling me they tried ( which i doubt they did) and it will not flash to metro service

So what im askin is:

i kno there is guides on this site that tell you how to flash your phone to metro your self, but If i do, can i bring that phone into the metro store and tell them

"yea my phone is allready flashed to metro i just want to open up a line"

like can i use the guides here and bring it to the store? or do they have to do it with there program hoidini
Old 07-31-2009, 03:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: metro pcs

affliction is becoming a great contributor
Re: no Metro Reps in port st lucie will flash my touch pro

heres how flashing actually works with metro..

metro uses houdini to "flash" your phone.. well thats what they call it.. all they really do is run the program which loads a prl, unlocks the spc, and programs your sid/nid thats it... every phone that is flashed is then allowed on to the esn and billing system under the houdini phone title...

if you flash the phone yourself your not gonna be able to take it to metro and activate it because metro does not have an open esn policy.. depending on what market your in i can tell you that metro techs are a bunch of idiots and are too lazy to actually hook up a phone to flash it... if you do, flash it yourself, check out howardforums.com the metro section has dealers that are willing to risk their job to add an esn for a price..

just a note when you flash at metro the fee is automaticly charged to your account, but when you pay the flashing fee its credited back(stupid i know).. now if you have your esn added you have to pay to have it added but its essentially the same way..
Latest Exploits: Affliction Rom
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:56 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

tell metro their full of crap.... ANY phone can be flashed with houdini...even phones with lost/stolen blocks...its avtually pretty shady...

try again, and tell them u understand youll only get SMS and Voice... you can come back here and set up MMS and DATA youself
Old 07-31-2009, 12:05 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by affliction View Post
heres how flashing actually works with metro..

metro uses houdini to "flash" your phone.. well thats what they call it.. all they really do is run the program which loads a prl, unlocks the spc, and programs your sid/nid thats it... every phone that is flashed is then allowed on to the esn and billing system under the houdini phone title...

if you flash the phone yourself your not gonna be able to take it to metro and activate it because metro does not have an open esn policy.. depending on what market your in i can tell you that metro techs are a bunch of idiots and are too lazy to actually hook up a phone to flash it... if you do, flash it yourself, check out howardforums.com the metro section has dealers that are willing to risk their job to add an esn for a price..

just a note when you flash at metro the fee is automaticly charged to your account, but when you pay the flashing fee its credited back(stupid i know).. now if you have your esn added you have to pay to have it added but its essentially the same way..

Actually, I know quite a few people that flashed their own phones to metro and then took them into the store and started an account. The guy I sold my vogue to did exactly that. There are people on craigslist here that flash phones for people on metro all the time w/ working mms and internet and they have no issues getting them added. May just be a regional thing but in Atlanta thats definitely not an issue. And I know because I flashed the vogue to metro for him...
Old 07-31-2009, 02:38 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

nanyjokerx10 is a n00b

Wow. thanks you guys for answrring. Heres what im gonna do.

im gonna call a few metro stores and be like " Hey my phone has allready been flashed for metro, i just would like to add a new line to my acount" Mind you my ESN is clean

And im gonna see what they tell me. i will let you guys kno whe im done!
Old 07-31-2009, 04:32 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

nanyjokerx10 is a n00b

NVM i FINNALLLY found a SMART metro store you guys!! this guy tells me he can do the touch pros. I am just gonna bring it up to the store!

But Thanks for all the guy and the replys
Old 07-31-2009, 08:19 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

NP, mmight wanna see how SMART he really is, the metro guy by me charges an extra 20bucks and will do the MMS and DATA at the store for you
Old 08-01-2009, 04:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 2.3.3
Carrier: Metro pcs

montecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmontecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmontecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Had the same issue when I had the mogul...took me 5 metro corp stores to tell me "it can't be done..." and "how do you turn this phone on?" I flashed it myself, the biggest mistake i made is telling them I flashed it myself...finally told them I bought it that way and they would check on their pc to try to find a record of which store did it...then said it can't be done. It is true that most of their reps don't know crap about flashing...even if the phone is on the list. Finally I met a member on howardsforum who knew how to flash and activated them...he also works for metro. He also flashed and got my touch pro on metro, legally, within an hour or so. Beware of those on craigslist...make sure they are not clonning...ask lots of questions...do your research...here is a good place to start...http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=476

good luck
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
flash, metropcs