PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   [RELEASE] Google Voice app (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=77316)

emaster101 07-30-2009 11:12 PM

[RELEASE] Google Voice app

2 Attachment(s)
Hey guy I just received my Google Voice invite and thought..."hey I'll write another widget". lol here ya go enjoy!

If you can't get it to run install sdkcerts.cab (attached)

simon21 07-31-2009 12:17 AM

Re: [RELEASE] Google Voice app

excellent! thank you!

Rusty Duck 07-31-2009 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emaster101 (Post 1071927)
Hey guy I just received my Google Voice invite and thought..."hey I'll write another widget". lol here ya go enjoy!

What does it do?

Count_Chockula 07-31-2009 12:34 AM

My father has this app... has been using it now for about a week. I only see 2 things wrong with this. 1. I will ring any numbers you put into it, but if one happens to be a land line with voice mail attached you better set it for 6+ rings... otherwise you will only have about 2 rings to answer you cell before it rolls over to VM (in other words it takes about 2-3 rings on a land line before you cell starts to ring) 2. Once you answer you cell it will not automatically connect you to the call... you have to answer an automated message asking you if you would like to answer the call. (not sure why this is...) I think that it's because the CID that comes up is the generic Google one... but don't quote me on it.
Other than these to things (which I'm sure will get worked out) it's a great app for people that have to run between 2 or more phones! (just make sure you set your answer machines appropriately!!!)

emaster101 07-31-2009 01:55 AM

LOL yea cout_Chockula thats true lol but google needs to fix that. this works great on 6.1 devices and just ok on 6.5.

EvgeniX 07-31-2009 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count_Chockula (Post 1072089)
2. Once you answer you cell it will not automatically connect you to the call... you have to answer an automated message asking you if you would like to answer the call. (not sure why this is...)

YOU can turn it OFF in Settings of GV!!!!!!!

shaggylive 07-31-2009 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emaster101 (Post 1071927)

thanks been wating for something like this.
any chance to get some buttons to the common pages?

zagguru 07-31-2009 08:22 AM

Still dont get how this works.
I download google voice, but it wont start, it shuts down right away, and i installed the cab andi dont see an application or anything

HBOOT 07-31-2009 08:58 AM

Any1 going to answer Tsou question,mine and lots of others???we suposed to guess what this friggin thing does? or just try it out 4 fun!!come on people,some common sense:scratch:

wchamblee 07-31-2009 09:34 AM

Good stuff. testing it now, will report back more this afternoon after I Q&A it on my TP.