PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Ideas to return my Touch Pro to the dealer for a new touch pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=77305)

Darrell262 07-30-2009 10:38 PM

Ideas to return my Touch Pro to the dealer for a new touch pro 2

Hi, I just bought my Telus HTC Touch Pro 6 days ago. I ordered it online through Telus and not from a dealer (DAMN!!!)
Today the Touch Pro 2 comes out. I phoned Telus, pleaded with them but they told me theres no way to return the phone, or exchange it.

I was wondering if you guys would have any ideas for me on any loop holes to get the new phone.

A friend said if the phone broke I could send it in for warrenty at a local dealer and then ask to upgrade to a new phone. I dunno if thats gonna work or not?

Plus how would it break? I could install the audio fix for the GSM phone which makes the phone not boot and plead retarted sent it away for warrenty? Unless the dealer was smart enough to hard reset it..?

Ideas?

Mylt1 07-30-2009 10:51 PM

Re: Ideas to return my Touch Pro to the dealer for a new touch pro 2

do they have a 30 day return policy? you need to check into that first. braking a perfectly good phone is just stupid.

HBOOT 07-30-2009 10:56 PM

+1 for that, they gotta have some type of return policy:scratch:
Return Policy
  1. The customer may return the equipment directly to TELUS within 20 days from the date of delivery. No refund or credit on any payments made is available for products returned later than 20 days from the date of delivery.

Darrell262 07-30-2009 11:04 PM

I was on the phone with telus about this. Since I ordered the phone on the phone and they mailed the phone to me direct. Not from a dealer. I can't return the phone.

I.E. I did not buy the phone at a future shop etc. I had telus direct ship it from them. There is a no return policy on phones.

HBOOT 07-30-2009 11:11 PM

I believe you man, however there ay be a solution. You paid via cc right? you can dispute that,and they may work with you. I am not familiar with Telus but will talk to them first, ask for a sup,mgr...escalate

Mylt1 07-30-2009 11:16 PM

i cant believe that buying a phone direct that it isnt covered by the same return policy. call them and tell them your not happy with the phone and you want to exchange it for another.

cktech71 07-30-2009 11:23 PM

Wow I really think you need to fight a little harder with Telus and demand a manager. I never heard of a company not letting you out of a contract within the first 20 days.

NinjaMom 07-30-2009 11:31 PM

Breaking it on purpose is fraud.

And you would mostly likely get a refurbished
pro.

ou2mame 07-31-2009 01:17 AM

with sprint you can buy the phone any way you want as long as its from sprint (not bestbuy or anything) and you've got like 30 days to try it out and then exchange it if you don't like it. i would definitely talk to their retention people or something about this.

xconwayx 07-31-2009 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ou2mame (Post 1072161)
with sprint you can buy the phone any way you want as long as its from sprint (not bestbuy or anything) and you've got like 30 days to try it out and then exchange it if you don't like it. I would definitely talk to their retention people or something about this.

don't take no for an answer!!!!