PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2009, 10:34 PM
ksg
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, TP1, Kaiser, Apache & HP iPAQ hx2495b
Carrier: Verizon (formerly Alltel)

ksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Ideas to return my Touch Pro to the dealer for a new touch pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell262 View Post
Well I got off the phone. I asked for a manager. Talked to her, told her I am not happy with the phone, I recited the telus website page about return policy, and she said they don't return data phones, of which I said there was no mention of a data phone or not data phone on the website.
Bingo!

Print the current website and take screen captures. Take pictures of everything and box the phone up. Return the phone by some way that has tracking abilities and require a signature that they've received it.

Now, since you've purchased this on-line, I'd assume that you used either American Express, Visa, Mastercard or Discover? File a claim with them. The claim is that according to Telus's return policy you have 20 days to return the phone.

American Express and Discover takes the money out of their merchant account immediately. Vista and Mastercard also have many protections for the buyer.

This seems very cut and dry to me. Something you'll easily win.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:33 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

WOW! And I thought VZN was terrible. Telus is Nazi germany all over again. WTF! Go burn the phone in front of their office. lol
Old 08-01-2009, 12:18 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: VZW HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

levp is just getting started
Angry Re: Ideas to return my Touch Pro to the dealer for a new touch pro 2

+1 on credit card claim (I didn't think it will get this far).

For this to work, though, you have to have a good log of your attempts to contact a merchant and negotiate with them "in good faith".
This means all your calls, dates/times and names of people you spoke to.
The line IMHO should be:

"On 7/97/2009 I decided to purchase HTC Fuse from Telus. I visited Telus' web site at ... and made sure of their return policy (found at ...) that explicitly permits 20 days for any returns.
I proceeded with the purchase and used my <card name> as a payment in full.
3 days after the delivery I discovered a number of serious flaws with the device which would make it impossible for me to continue using it. Therefore, I needed to return the phone to Telus. I inquired by phone to their customer service (800-555-1212) on 7/98/2009 at 11:00AM ET. I spoke to representative named ... who told me that they would not accept a return. No reason was provided.
Subsequently, I verified again that the Telus' return policy (copy attached) explicitly permits the kind of return I was trying to make. On 7/99/2009 at 1:00PM ET I contacted Telus customer support again (at 800-555-1212) and requested to speak with a supervisor (whose name was ...).
She stated again that they would not accept a return, because it is a "data phone". I mentioned that the legal return policy currently in effect does not have these kind of exclusions, but the supervisor on the phone just repeated the denial statement."

Substitute underlined with your specifics.

Call the card first and tell them all this so that they can advise you on the procedure (where to send a letter to, what to do with the phone, etc.)
Do it now, before 20 days are up, and write down everything.

This should win, unless there is some crazy law on the books in Canada about "no returns on data phones"...

ROM of choice: Scott's Kitchen!

Last edited by levp; 08-01-2009 at 12:20 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 08-01-2009, 03:36 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

Darrell262 is a n00b

http://about.telus.com/legal/terms_conditions.html

Use of Information. You hereby agree that you shall not use any information contained in this Site or the links to this Site in any claims, proceedings, suits or actions against TELUS, its suppliers or affiliates. You may not post, publish, reproduce, transmit or otherwise distribute information or material on the Site: (a) constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability; (b) which is protected by copyright, or other intellectual property right or derivative works thereof, without obtaining permission of the copyright holder; (c) otherwise use this Site in a way that is contrary to law or which would adversely impact use of the Site or the Internet by other users including the posting or transmitting of other information or software containing viruses or other disruptive components.

Guys. I think I am going to give up.

It states right on their website that I can't use any info from this website(telus)in a lawsuit to them.

I got another 3 year contract with them to get a discount on the phone which is 650$. I paid 200 plus tax on visa (229$) for the phone. And telus paid the rest. so If I return the phone to them and get my 229$ back I am still connected to a 3 year contract with them with no phone but my old phone I guess. I am sure they won't give me a deal on the new phone which is 650$.

to get out of the contract is 700$ now, and a new phone is 650.

I thank everyone who helped me here.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Vodafone

chaoscreater is a n00b

Hahah I did something similar for my PSP. I bought a PSP on a site called Trademe, it's like Ebay but it's mainly for New Zealanders / Australians. Anyway the PSP was really cheap and it still has warranty, but the screen was scratched, so I bought it and bricked it on purpose so that it doesn't boot at all, and used the warranty to replace for a new one.

I not only got a brand new PSP, but it was limited edition as well, it was a normal white SLIM PSP but the back of the PSP ring is green instead of silver, so i think that's a limited edition......

Anyway I think it might work for u, except that to install the audio fix, don't you have to install HardSPL first?

If you do install HardSPL, then you have to restore to the Stock SPL first, or else they'll know you modified ur fone coz part of the replacement process for a fault is obviously that they send back to the manufacturer to fix the problems first, and if they can't fix it, then they'll replace a new one for you.

I knew that for PSP, it will definitely work for me since I bricked it by deleting the idstorage keys. That basically kills all the information on the PSP, making it not respond to any keys, as well as the power on key. That way, there is no way to recover unless you use this special program which I know SONY won't use since it's part of the PSP hacking community's program....

anyway the point is, for HTC phones, they can definitely find out whether your SPL is stocked or not. If you have modified your phone and have installed custom ROMS, chances are you won't be able to trick them.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:34 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell262 View Post
http://about.telus.com/legal/terms_conditions.html

Use of Information. You hereby agree that you shall not use any information contained in this Site or the links to this Site in any claims, proceedings, suits or actions against TELUS, its suppliers or affiliates. You may not post, publish, reproduce, transmit or otherwise distribute information or material on the Site: (a) constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability; (b) which is protected by copyright, or other intellectual property right or derivative works thereof, without obtaining permission of the copyright holder; (c) otherwise use this Site in a way that is contrary to law or which would adversely impact use of the Site or the Internet by other users including the posting or transmitting of other information or software containing viruses or other disruptive components.

Guys. I think I am going to give up.

It states right on their website that I can't use any info from this website(telus)in a lawsuit to them.

I got another 3 year contract with them to get a discount on the phone which is 650$. I paid 200 plus tax on visa (229$) for the phone. And telus paid the rest. so If I return the phone to them and get my 229$ back I am still connected to a 3 year contract with them with no phone but my old phone I guess. I am sure they won't give me a deal on the new phone which is 650$.

to get out of the contract is 700$ now, and a new phone is 650.

I thank everyone who helped me here.
LMAO, thats not even a legally feasible situation... "cant use info from their website in a suit"?? LOL, you cant do that... a website is public domain, especially a terms and conditions part... thats the only place they publically state their policies, which have to be made public to actually be held in court as policies...

dude, i hate to see u give up.... i know their full of crap...im not a telus cust, im sprint, but i am the "king of perks"... if you want Ill take a shot with telus for ya, i love to argue with carrier reps....i always end up with what i wanted when i need to call my carrier...
Old 08-01-2009, 10:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

emd2009 is becoming a great contributor

wow and I thought Sprint was a ***** to deal with!
Old 08-01-2009, 10:45 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

+1 for dat, let Bored give it a shot
Old 08-01-2009, 10:52 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

and i just thought if something... ive never heard of a carrier, that doesnt accept a telesales exchange or return at the store front... thats technically how your suppose to return your device if your cancelling in the 14-20-30 day(depends on carrier) period...

like if i call sprint and order a NIB anything and never been a cust b4...i get a 30day return policy... if i ordered it from telesales and decide to cancel and say go with ATT, what am i suppose to do with the device? certainly not repackage and ship it back "on my money" its not upto me to pay for it, if im deciding in my "grace period" to not be their customer... sprint would expect me to goto one of their store front and return the device.... as would ATT,VZW, and anyone else i can think of...

...and we could come up with a way to get on the phone without me needing your info...could have you call up, then 3way me after youve given your info so i dont hear it

another edit.... "NO return on DATA phones"????? thats the dumbest excuse ive ever heard, do they even offer a device that DATA isnt offered on??? even a cheap 10dollar flip phone has DATA capabilities.... so are they saying they have no return policy then, period, since every handset can have DATA??? -interesting question and way to look at it

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 08-01-2009 at 10:54 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:55 AM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

I agree with hb, give bored a go those phone-nazis!!

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro