PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2009, 01:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4g
Carrier: Sprint

jrob is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Ideas to return my Touch Pro to the dealer for a new touch pro 2

that suck (telus)!!! like many of the members have stated, i have never heard of that kind of policy before & if i did, i would cancel my service immediately or threaten to do so!!!
Old 07-31-2009, 05:34 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

Darrell262 is a n00b

Guys, I don't want to break my phone, and I know thats dishonest. I am simply stating what a friend told me I should try. I stated what he said to give you guys a idea what I have heard already.

I am alittle upset with Telus currently. I have loved em in the past, I have had a cell phone since 16 with them. Yes back in the day in high school. I was working at the mill at the time. I know that is common place nowerdays, but My first phone was a Motorola Flip (yes the big phone) I had to have the contract under my dads name because I was too young. Which is why I am so upset. They are giving me a sweet deal on my plan. I told them that I'd be willing to disreguard the savings I am getting, as well as pay an extra fee to make it happen.

I also was so upset tonight that I phoned them back and asked how much it would be to get out of my 3 year contract, and if I can somehow reduce my contract with them by buying the phone out right.

700$ candian to get out of the contract. The lady on the phone told me I need to talk to customer relations or something and that they went home for the night. So am going to call them tommrow and see what I can do.

I am hopeing/routing for you guys to give me sound advice on what I could say tommorow to help me out. I know I havn't been on this forum long, but I have been reading this and xda-developers alot since I bought this new smart phone.

I am 32 now 16-32 crazy

Last edited by Darrell262; 07-31-2009 at 05:35 AM. Reason: age
Old 07-31-2009, 06:11 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

Dude, what the hell? You're on day 6 & they won't take it back? If you are within the return period, they HAVE to take it back. Speak to retentions, hang up & call back if you get a jerk rep, escalate, send out EECBs(executive email carpet bombs, fyi), remind them of how long you've been a loyal customer, and if they won't budge spread the story all over the place. Consumerist.com is a good starting point, it's watched by a lot of companies & has a HUGE fanbase. If a company's name is made mud on Consumerist, that company tends to respond pretty quick to resolve the issue.

I hate it when companies try to BS people like this. "We have a 20 day return policy, but we're just not gonna honor it this time." Reminds me of the time I checked a b**** at the Sprint store for telling my ex he had to PAY to have his 10 day old Treo repaired. They will try anything to gouge people who they think don't know any better. If you counter their crap with knowledge of the policies, they will usually shut up & do their jobs. If not...

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC

Last edited by kabuk1; 07-31-2009 at 06:19 AM.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:46 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Darrell262 is a n00b

I am going to phone again tommorow. I like my Touch Pro, I'd love to own a Touch Pro 2 with the larger screen.

I am gonna bug them some more see if I can get any help. It's really not looking that good for me anymore. The one guy told me theres just nothing he can do because I didn't buy it at a telus store like I stated before.

Theres a note on my file saying I am interested in leaving Telus because of how upset I am over the phone.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:22 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

It shouldn't matter where you bought it though. If you ordered it directly from telus the return policy should still apply, unless there's some wonky canadian law I don't know about.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro TWO!
Carrier: Sprint

TheAlienElite is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to TheAlienElite Send a message via MSN to TheAlienElite

Yea dude, the whole thing is pure BS. if the phone was used i might understand. but a brand new one? screw that mojo.

My guess is that youre just not being aggressive enough with them. you really need to raise hell man. When all else fails, tell them how you will spread the word etc. and you have tons of friends that will call & cancel their accounts with Telus for beijg a crap company. Use fear of propaganda to your advantage.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=iphone

Phone History Mogul > Touch Pro > Touch Pro2
Old 07-31-2009, 01:50 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

sounds like politics
Old 07-31-2009, 02:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HERO & TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT -my paycheck-

GODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to GODZSON

Just a heads up you may wanna look at my thread.. Touch pro's depending on issues for customers and how many times they've replaced unit for servicing they will soon through the service center be able to request the next model up.. TP2 at no additional cost with TEP/Warranty and no contract add on

Donations (show love for my work)
Old 07-31-2009, 04:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: VZW HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

levp is just getting started

"20 days" information comes from here:

TELUS about TELUS terms and conditions shipping, delivery and return policy
http://about.telus.com/legal/ship_return.html

"Legal" means legal.

So pack everything up (check the site above for things they want), take pictures of everything you packed, make copies of any papers, and send it back via private courier such as FedEx with good insurance (for the full price of the phone).

Enclose a letter stating that "I have purchased the phone on such and such date, don't like the phone, and would like to return it according to Telus Return Policy set forth at http://about.telus.com/legal/ship_return.html" (enclose a copy with relevant paragraph highlighted).
Make a copy of all this as well.

Track the package, and the day after they have received it give them a call "to get a different phone instead of the one I returned to you (that you received yesterday)".

Note that most carriers permit such returns only once, so if you have returned another phone within last 20 days, they may indeed refuse this return.

ROM of choice: Scott's Kitchen!

Last edited by levp; 07-31-2009 at 04:18 PM. Reason: formatting improved
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:08 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Darrell262 is a n00b

Well I got off the phone. I asked for a manager. Talked to her, told her I am not happy with the phone, I recited the telus website page about return policy, and she said they don't return data phones, of which I said there was no mention of a data phone or not data phone on the website.

She stated that regardless they will not take the phone back. I said the screen is too small, and the touch pro 2 has a larger screen. She told me that they already gave me a discount on my current phone with a 3 year plan and that they can't or won't give me a discount on the other phone returning my phone.

I told her I want to know how much it will cost to cancel my phone 1 year from now because I can't afford or want to pay 700$. And she said she doesn't know and that she will have to transfer me to someone else for that, and then she said I can't believe you would want to cancel your contract with us after being with us since 2003 over a phone issue. I told her I've been with you guys longer then that but under my dads name, and that I am so upset that they can't work this out with me that I am going to take my business else ware.

Then I got transfered to the other lady who told me 480$ plus tax next year (July) and that she will see if there is any way for me to return the phone. After she got back she said theres no way to return a data phone. and I said well thats ok and thank you for your time bye.

GODZSON What is the url of your post

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro