PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2009, 08:16 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Remote PPC???

so i was thinking, chetstriker has phone creeper, iphone has that new SMS security issue which allows them to completely control your phone..

everyone wants remote desktop on their TPs cuz they want to access their PC.. but i want to access my other TPs "from the road" so-to-speak.. thats where i came up with Remote PPC..

i have 3 TPs and i almost never have all 3 on me at once.. they all have the same contacts and alot of the same files, but not everything is identical.. i sync all my phones with the same folders and content, but the sd cards def vary.. my 3rd phone down the line is always last to get the latest stuff added and sometimes i dont do it for weeks..

sometimes i wanna show someone pics, vids, whatever really.. cabs even.. and its like " oh sh*T, its in my other phone man, sorry" but if theres a RemotePPC app i could just install it on all 3 and no worries.. its really a big hassle to try to keep 3 memory cards consistent with each other, so this would be great...

so heres my question after all that.. Does Remote PPC exist? if so, does it work on our TPs??
Old 07-30-2009, 08:25 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Rusty Duck
Re: Remote PPC???

Mymobiler allows you to access your PPC via a tcp connection - works very well but you will need to know the IP address of the PPC.

http://www.mymobiler.com/

Old 07-30-2009, 08:29 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

i thought my mobiler was to use on a PC?? i want to use one of my TPs to access the other TPs
Old 07-30-2009, 09:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

techguru is just getting started

You can get both a VNC server and VNC client for WinMo. I don't have the links handy, but I know the client is on sourceforge.

You can use RemoteTracker to have your phone send you it's current IP address in response to an SMS. It can also start the VNC server if it isn't already running. There is a link to the VNC server somewhere on the RemoteTracker site: http://remotetracker.sourceforge.net/index.html

There is also a WinMo client for Hamchi VPN, so you can just use file manager between them, but I have not used it, so can't comment on whether it will stay running on the background or not.

Alan
Old 07-30-2009, 09:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

techguru is just getting started

Found the link to VNC Server for WinMo. It was in the forum for RemoteTracker: http://www.pocketvnc.com/projects/pocketvnc/index.php

Client should be easy to find with google.

Alan
Old 07-31-2009, 12:23 AM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Rusty Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
i thought my mobiler was to use on a PC?? i want to use one of my TPs to access the other TPs
Sorry about that, I thought you were wanting to access your TPs when you are away from your PC.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible
Carrier: Verizon-Alltel

digi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good work

Live Mesh should do what you want. I used to use it to sync a couple of folders across my phone, my laptop, and desktop, but you should just be able to add the three phones to your ring of devices, and set it to sync the storage cards.

Alltel / Verizon
Old 08-02-2009, 09:46 AM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I'm curious to know why u have 3 TPs

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro