PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2009, 06:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Alksion is keeping up the good workAlksion is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Alksion Send a message via Yahoo to Alksion
Broken Keyboard! Wait fot TP2?

Okay my keyboard went out after only having the phone for two months. I never had this problem with my mogul, but I know it has something to do with the ribbons and the heat. Anyways I asked a Sprint representive that if I wait for the TP2 and then came in with my hardware problem I might get a cheaper price. So my question is should I get a new TP cause I hate typing on the screen or wait for the TP2 and go in with my hardware problem?
Old 07-28-2009, 06:40 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Broken Keyboard! Wait fot TP2?

might be waiting a few months for sprint to have it..

hate to put it like this but: trade it in now, im sure your new TP will have issues if your looking to upgrade for a discount later...
Old 07-28-2009, 06:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Threadstarter

Alksion is keeping up the good workAlksion is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Alksion Send a message via Yahoo to Alksion

Haha good point!
Old 07-28-2009, 06:51 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

get one via advanced exchange and maybe by the time they keyboard goes out AGAIN the tp2 will be out and then you can complain and they will give you a tp2......doubtful but you can hope right?
Old 07-28-2009, 07:08 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

after the Mogul to Touch Pro frenzy, im sure Asurion and AE, wont be giving TP2 at a discount for replacements...

the only reasons we got away with that is 1) mogul went EOL very shorty after 2) we had the argument about "Comparable Features" if they didnt have our handset.. they were offering Diamonds left and right for upgrades.. but no Keyboard, and No SD slot, made it not very "comparable" to me LOL and 3) the mogul was so cosmetically defective(white spots, etc), i dont think carriers really thought it out.. they shouldve just told us no and to go somewhere else if we wanted...

I really dont see them replacing TPs with TP2s, like they did for Touch to Diamond and Mogul to Diamond/TP
Old 07-28-2009, 07:12 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

well i did say in my original post that it was doubtful lol
Old 07-28-2009, 07:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Your insurance policy is good for a replacement on your current phone...... if you could "wait" and swap it out for a TP2 my TP would be taking a dunk in the pool with me shortly.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

scorpionreign is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alksion View Post
Okay my keyboard went out after only having the phone for two months. I never had this problem with my mogul, but I know it has something to do with the ribbons and the heat. Anyways I asked a Sprint representive that if I wait for the TP2 and then came in with my hardware problem I might get a cheaper price. So my question is should I get a new TP cause I hate typing on the screen or wait for the TP2 and go in with my hardware problem?
If you have insurance on your phone then just take if to a repair store. They will replace it for you free in the store. The TP2 for sprint wont be out for sometime. You might have a long wait for the TP2 with a broken keyboard.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

scorpionreign is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by slopokdave View Post
Your insurance policy is good for a replacement on your current phone...... if you could "wait" and swap it out for a TP2 my TP would be taking a dunk in the pool with me shortly.
slopokdave= That's too funny.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: His and Her HTC EVO's

travisr528 is keeping up the good worktravisr528 is keeping up the good work

My keyboard just went out yesterday, before it was intermittent. I took it to the sprint store thinking it was a loose connection, but they had to replace the keyboard works great now.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro