PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2009, 10:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon

91ludesit is keeping up the good work91ludesit is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Permanently disable data connection?

Is there a reg edit that will disable the data connection on my TP so that programs such as TF3D won't turn it on automagically? I have been contemplating doing away with my data connection as I am always in range of wifi, my average over the last 3 months was 400kb data usage.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:39 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Permanently disable data connection?

TouchFlo has nothing to do with data but here you go
Attached Files
File Type: cab MoDaCo_NoData.CAB (24.5 KB, 44 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-30-2009, 10:44 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

You'd best do it from the Sprint side of things (data block); every time I see a complaint about massive overage charges it seems the poor person "tried to block data on the phone" but something ended up connecting in the background when they were traveling in outer Siberia and the roaming charges required taking out a home equity line of credit just to cover the interest.

I will pre-echo the common sentiment that to have a TP, the highest-end WM smartphone in Sprint's lineup, without a data plan is sort of like buying a car and taking the wheels off. Yes, you still have a car, but what's the point. I know, you said you never use it...surprising to me, but whatever works!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:48 AM
The Dyslexic VIP

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

hes using wifi instead, thats why hes lookin to turn off the data connection
Old 07-30-2009, 10:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by haus View Post
You'd best do it from the Sprint side of things (data block); every time I see a complaint about massive overage charges it seems the poor person "tried to block data on the phone" but something ended up connecting in the background when they were traveling in outer Siberia and the roaming charges required taking out a home equity line of credit just to cover the interest.

I will pre-echo the common sentiment that to have a TP, the highest-end WM smartphone in Sprint's lineup, without a data plan is sort of like buying a car and taking the wheels off. Yes, you still have a car, but what's the point. I know, you said you never use it...surprising to me, but whatever works!
Verizon here, is there a way to data block with them? If so I will just do that. I really only use the phone for texting, I got a hell of a deal on the phone. I thought I might end up using the data for web and stuff but have not used it. Thanks to both posts.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:04 AM
The Dyslexic VIP

VWZ im sure can block it.... however with the cab, you can just uninstall if you wanted to use your data connection...

if you use VZW to block it, now youll have to call them, if you ever wanna use your reg data again
Old 07-30-2009, 11:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Verizon will not block data to a TP, it is a required part of the plan for that phone (+ with a data block you cannot send/receive picture messages)

~John
Old 07-30-2009, 11:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Verizon will not block data to a TP, it is a required part of the plan for that phone (+ with a data block you cannot send/receive picture messages)

~John
Hmm everybody says they will, I am going to ask when I go up there today to pay the bill. I don't use MMS so there isn't any point in having the data. Just text, and some of the PDA features of the phone.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:58 AM
The Dyslexic VIP

i wondered that myself when i was posting my last response...

about the whole a data plan is required... now you may be able to block it through them, but they may make you keep the data plan on your statement...

and why cant he send pics via his wifi connection???
Old 07-30-2009, 01:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Modaco Nodata was no good, it doesn't seem to work on the verizon TP. As the TF3D weather and stock tabs were able to activate the data connection automatically.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro