PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2009, 02:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Permanently disable data connection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
i wondered that myself when i was posting my last response...

about the whole a data plan is required... now you may be able to block it through them, but they may make you keep the data plan on your statement...

and why cant he send pics via his wifi connection???
All cell providers block the connections to their picmail servers to IPs on their network. That way they don't get spammers using their network as a relay...

So he won't be able to do MMS unless he is actually on a data connection from his provider.

Although in his case lack of MMS isn't an issue.
Free Disposable Email: MyTrashMail
Old 07-30-2009, 02:18 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91ludesit View Post
Modaco Nodata was no good, it doesn't seem to work on the verizon TP. As the TF3D weather and stock tabs were able to activate the data connection automatically.
did you run the application? it's not just a reg to install with a cab, rather its an application to control your connections.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtathem, but they may make you keep the data plan on your statement...ttooed View Post
and why cant he send pics via his wifi connection???
you can, but only as an email attachment-MMS requires data.

~John
Old 07-30-2009, 06:44 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

modoco nodata should work just fine for vzw... my buddy who has an Omnia(vzw) sent me that.. so i know it will work with their network...

also to some peeps above, thanks for the info about MMS and WIFI, i guess i shouldve known since i tried to send an email b4 on wifi and it wouldnt do it---service was suspended so i was trying it out that way...just forgot
Old 07-30-2009, 07:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Threadstarter

91ludesit is keeping up the good work91ludesit is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
modoco nodata should work just fine for vzw... my buddy who has an Omnia(vzw) sent me that.. so i know it will work with their network...

also to some peeps above, thanks for the info about MMS and WIFI, i guess i shouldve known since i tried to send an email b4 on wifi and it wouldnt do it---service was suspended so i was trying it out that way...just forgot

AH Thanks I forgot to run the app. Went to Verizon to get my girlfriend a new phone this afternoon. They refused to turn off my data, the rep said that the phone would become non-functional without it. BIGGEST BULL**** LIE EVER!
Old 07-30-2009, 08:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

flinthills is a n00b

I agree that the data plan can be handy. For my needs wireless at a coffee shop, with a nice iced tea, works great. Maybe that's where my caffeine habit came from.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

VZN WILL NOT turn off data on any phones bought after Jan 1 of this year. i had a 6800 before this without data and when i bought the TP in feb they would not connect the phone without a data plan. i talked to 4 or 5 different reps/techs and none of them would budge on it. you can stop using data with the nodata cab but you are still going to have to pay for the data plan.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Threadstarter

91ludesit is keeping up the good work91ludesit is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylt1 View Post
VZN WILL NOT turn off data on any phones bought after Jan 1 of this year. i had a 6800 before this without data and when i bought the TP in feb they would not connect the phone without a data plan. i talked to 4 or 5 different reps/techs and none of them would budge on it. you can stop using data with the nodata cab but you are still going to have to pay for the data plan.
Yea that is the answer I keep getting. Thanks for your help.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

any time. trust me, i did everything i could to NOT pay that extra $30 a month. it sucks but i have found that i use the data more than i thought. i dont use $30 worth but when i need it it is nice to have.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:30 PM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylt1 View Post
any time. trust me, i did everything i could to NOT pay that extra $30 a month. it sucks but i have found that i use the data more than i thought. i dont use $30 worth but when i need it it is nice to have.
if your looking for confirmation, Mylt1's earlier post is correct, VZW wont allow you to have the TP without data, thats why i switched to Sprint (besides it being $275 a month cheaper) when i used my Touch on V$W, i tried to switch to my Q as i was going camping for a weekend, and they said i had to add the data plan. so yea, either switch providers, or start collecting cans....

Help Me Help You

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro