PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2009, 05:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

rune-san is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to rune-san Send a message via Skype™ to rune-san
Angry Wet Sticker wet?! But no way to get wet!

I am so steamed right now! I was just disassembling my phone to clean out any dust and low and behold the pink striped sticker on my phone is red! my battery sticker is fine but my phone sticker is now 50/50 red and pink striped. Thats just terrific. Now if my phone breaks *again* I'm scewed. I am so tired of this phone ! I heard of this happening but thought that most people were just covering up things theyd done but low and behold I'm now sitting on a time bomb just waiting to explode leaving me out of a phone. Damn it all!
Old 07-29-2009, 05:07 PM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Wet Sticker wet?! But no way to get wet!

Just because the sensor is tripped doesn't mean you have water damage. It could turn by being in your pocket on a hot and humid day or in the bathroom while showering. Insurance and service technicians don't use just the sensors to determine liquid damage.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Let the EVO-lution Begin!!
Carrier: Sprint

southphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to southphillysean Send a message via Yahoo to southphillysean

here is some good news. most sprint service places don't even check. i brought back a phone to sprint, but before i did i bricked it,and i got a brand new phone.......TWICE!
Old 07-29-2009, 05:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

The problem is I'm on Alltel. When I took in my phone the first time, (Dreaded keyboard of death), the tech definitely took off the cover and looked at the stickers. Will they really deny me you think if my phone messes up again? There is NO liquid damage to the phone. There is no liquid or residue of any type on the phone. It's heavily babied. I'm going to be so steamed if they try to deny giving me another phone if this one messes up. This just isn't my day
Old 07-29-2009, 05:22 PM
lwrdrchvy2

If you go in and they try to deny you a phone and say that it has liquid damage without opening it up ask to speak with a manager and make them open it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thank you guys. You've all made me feel alot better about this crappy situation.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:27 PM
lwrdrchvy2

Talking Re: Wet Sticker wet?! But no way to get wet!

dont be afraid of the thanks button
Old 07-29-2009, 05:29 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

that water strip is SUPPOSED to be red and white stripped... that means water HASNT got to it
Old 07-29-2009, 05:31 PM
lwrdrchvy2

first post states that the pink striped sticker is now red, that would indicate that the sticker has come into contact with moisture according to how the post is written.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:45 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

no, it says his phone sticker is 50/50 red and pink... thats how its suppose to be

**edit** actually it says it both ways LOL... OP, is it a solid color or red and pink like a checker board-should be this one

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 07-29-2009 at 05:47 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro