PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2009, 08:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Wet Sticker wet?! But no way to get wet!

ok, I had kinda this problem 2 weeks ago. I had a CS in a store with a bad attitude tag my phone as damage beyond repair, and when I called sprint they said I would have to go through asurion. Well the phone wasn't even 24 hr old when this arse did this. So what I did was take the phone to a repair center and have them tear the phone apart and check for damage beyond repair (CS in store put the tag of water damage on my account) and I had them make a note on my account. I also got a hard copy of SPRINT'S NOTES. Just incase anything ever happens. The other thing was call sprint executive service department and have them as well note the account. Sprint Executive services should only be used when problems in the store and calling doesn't help. Now the note is on my account and I was assured I wouldn't have to go through asurion, got the hard copy just incase they (sprint) wants to act funny. Hope this helps a lil
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Major_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rune-san View Post
I considered that too, but at least on my TP the indicators are of two different sizes. Wouldn't be a correct match

Again, to clarify my phone has absolutely ZERO water damage. It works perfectly fine and has never been around any standing or running water, so I'm not worried about it right now. What I'm worried about is if this one dies of keyboard failure too. That will piss me off so much. On top of that the thing is worthless now to sell. Who's going to buy a TP with an activated wet sticker? Working or not.
Well, the liquid damage indicator should not matter, only if there is liquid corrosion on the circuit board. As far as I'm concerned, even if it's on the battery, I only count it as damaged beyond repair if it's on the board and unable to be completely cleaned. Honestly, I would buy a TP that had liquid damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejones13 View Post
ok, I had kinda this problem 2 weeks ago. I had a CS in a store with a bad attitude tag my phone as damage beyond repair, and when I called sprint they said I would have to go through asurion. Well the phone wasn't even 24 hr old when this arse did this. So what I did was take the phone to a repair center and have them tear the phone apart and check for damage beyond repair (CS in store put the tag of water damage on my account) and I had them make a note on my account. I also got a hard copy of SPRINT'S NOTES. Just incase anything ever happens. The other thing was call sprint executive service department and have them as well note the account. Sprint Executive services should only be used when problems in the store and calling doesn't help. Now the note is on my account and I was assured I wouldn't have to go through asurion, got the hard copy just incase they (sprint) wants to act funny. Hope this helps a lil
I'm glad this issue was resolved properly. do you happen to have the number for executive service dept? I would love to be able to give it out to certain multiple visit customers that continue having issues with their phone.

Service & Repair Questions? Check out this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74927

Sprint/Nextel Service & Repair Technician

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6932/ubda1308kz0.gif
Don't forget to click on the "THANKS" button if I've helped you.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Major Nate

PM sent with info

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro