PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2009, 04:14 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Question about Active Sync and IM apps

1) what is my active sync issue?
-I use AS daily.. i know alot of you dont like it, but lets not have that debate.. I have 3 TPs, all usually sync just fine.. However, my 3rd one down the line, when it goes to sync my music, it does it.. But then it tries to sync the same music thats already on the SD, to my main memory, draining it till its empty..

ive checked my sync folder on my desktop and it doesnt even have a music folder in it.. but after syncing it creates this Music folder and tries to sync, yet that new Music folder never shows up on my desktop sync folder.. any suggestions???

2) What do you guys use? hows the battery drain?
-Im a Palringo fan, but most of us know its a big battery drain on our TPs...I just need something with aim,yahoo,msn,and google really.. i dont myspace,have facebook, or anything like that

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 08-01-2009 at 04:25 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 03:58 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Threadstarter

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Couple of Questions...

i know, i know.. im not fan of bumping ones own thread but its been several days, and theres not alot going on PPCG right now so i figured id try again..

didnt wanna start a new one, but i still have the AS issue
Old 08-01-2009, 04:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

k_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to k_semler Send a message via MSN to k_semler Send a message via Yahoo to k_semler Send a message via Skype™ to k_semler
Re: Couple of Questions...

1. It works with WMP, (Windows Media Player). When you connect your device through ActiveSync, open wmplayer.exe, and go to the "sync" tab. Choose the device that you wish to sync as your memory card, and not the phone its self. Your music will now be synced to your SD card.

2. I use BeeJiveIM, but it still drains the battery. Any program that is connected to the internet continually will drain your battery. If you think IM is bad for the battery life, try using Navizon while driving around town.
Baseband: UCKJ3
Kernel: 2.6.35.7 - I997RUXG3-CL366622 user@netbook #Infusion-GB-CoreA
Old 08-01-2009, 04:28 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Threadstarter

Re: Question about Active Sync and IM apps

i know the how/why/where AS runs from.. i have 3 TPs, the other 2 run just fine.. this 3rd handset is bein stupid though.. it will show that all xxxnumber of files are already on the device(on my sd card) but then it just keeps going on tries to do the exact same thing on my phones memory

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro