PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2009, 02:08 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

ComputerJLT is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to ComputerJLT Send a message via Yahoo to ComputerJLT
sprint advanced exchange

So my touch pro has been acting up.... as of late it will freeze up reguardless of how many apps i have running when i go to ie or just about any app and the hardware keyboard will not respond some times...

the phone is a little dinged up but has been taken care of and i just did an advanced exchange; how anal are they about "physical damage" and the no defect found fees... anyone know?
Old 07-30-2009, 03:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700<Mogul<TP<TP2<EVO 4G<EVO 3D<Next?

intrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to intrlude Send a message via AIM to intrlude Send a message via MSN to intrlude Send a message via Yahoo to intrlude Send a message via Skype™ to intrlude
Re: sprint advanced exchange

If it has some blemishes, then you have had it long enough to where just having exchanged it doesn't matter. So long as the device powers up and the lcd is functional (visually) you shouldn't have any issues.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro TWO!

TheAlienElite is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to TheAlienElite Send a message via MSN to TheAlienElite

Yea but isn't there a limit on how many exchanges you can do in one year? Or are you talking about telling them the one they sent you sucks?

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=iphone

Phone History Mogul > Touch Pro > Touch Pro2
Old 07-30-2009, 10:46 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

3 exchanges per 12months period... but thats asurion claims im pretty sure, it didnt say advanced exchange... AE is sprint... Asurion is its own entity.. so i dunno
Old 07-30-2009, 12:24 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

I think it is 3 Asurion claims in a year. AE should be when you need it done... Although a rep did tell me after the 3rd one they work with you more.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

Major_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMom View Post
I think it is 3 Asurion claims in a year. AE should be when you need it done... Although a rep did tell me after the 3rd one they work with you more.
It's 3 within a 12 month period for Asurion, and I have heard it may also be up to $1000 limit. I'm not sure how true that last part is, as that would be the equivalent of less than 2 Touch Pros(And I've already done 2 in November through Asurion). Advanced Exchanges can be done through customer care for the first three, and Authorized Sprint Service & Repair Centers can do Advanced Exchanges as much as needed.

Service & Repair Questions? Check out this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74927

Sprint/Nextel Service & Repair Technician

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6932/ubda1308kz0.gif
Don't forget to click on the "THANKS" button if I've helped you.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Major_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuff

Also, as far as the Physical Damage, if there are any cracks in the LCD or housing, it is considered physical damage, and the chargeback for that on a PDA device is $119 or $400, I am unsure how that works with the online exchange tool. $400 is what we as an authorized service & repair center get charged back for any device that is not sent back, or has physical/liquid damage that we send back.

However, if the LCD is just scratched up, and scuffed, and there are some minor dings in the housing, it will be okay. As long as the housing isn't actually fully cracked, you should be fine.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:47 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

ComputerJLT is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to ComputerJLT Send a message via Yahoo to ComputerJLT

yea its not smashed just some dings and the slider sucks...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerJLT View Post
yea its not smashed just some dings and the slider sucks...
You should be fine for that, then. If it's not cracked, broken, or anything like that, they shouldn't charge you back.
Old 08-01-2009, 03:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO2 (CDMA) (PPC); HTC EVO (CDMA) (AND).

007Mi6 is a n00b

What you are asking about here is the distinction between "insurance" and "warranty". Insurance protects you against a covered "peril". Warranty is a promise by the manufacturer to make good on an express or implied assurance that the device you purchased was fit for a particular purpose. Warranty can also be in the form of a service warranty or "guarantee". In reverse: A service guarantee (usually offered by the wireless provider) will typically terminate after the first 30 days from the date of purchase. A manufacturer warranty extends form the company who made your phone to you. This typically a year and also subject to detailed limitations on what the manufacturer will cover and under what circumstances. (e.g. "we will cover losses from normal wear and use, but not abuse or alterations you make to a device.") (Or) ("We will cover damage to your screen if it is a manufacturing flaw or defect that causes your screen not to turn on (your LCD has burnt out because the design allows too much heat behind the LCD causing a "burn" or discoloring of the LCD, BUT we will not cover the glass or digitizer where you have dropped the device and cracked the LCD underneath.") Finally, insurance is typically offered to you from your carrier as an add-on fee attached to your monthly bill (typically $4-$6). The actual coverage and administration of your insurance plan is most often done by a third party provider (underwriter), even if the charge for the premium appears on your carrier's billing invoice to you. This insurance, is "supposed to be" much more liberal in terms of the scope and extent of perils that would be covered and the types of exclusions that might apply. For guidance on what is or is not covered in your situation, you should consult the actual insurance agreement. The language there is the most relavant definition you could seek in terms of what would be covered or not covered.

A final word: I often recommend that people (and this is highly dependent on the consumer's typical useage and life-style) NOT purchase insurance for their devices. Why? Because you wind up OVER-INSURING three times over, in some cases even more. EXAMPLE: If you purchase the insurance upon purchaing the phone, you are paying for coverage of a risk of peril that if occurs during the first 30 days of ownership of the device is properly assumed by the carrier. After the first 30 days it is properly assumed by the manufacturer. And after the first year, normally assumed by you. Given that the carrier and insurance company will not insure your phone AFTER the first year simply because it is no longer covered under the manufacturer's warranty (meaning that's not a good reason for them to provide you coverage), after the first year, you are largely on your own. Not to mention, if you look at statistics regarding timing and frequency of upgrades, it 'round about this time that you as the typical consumer start pondering getting a new phone, upgrading your phone, or changing the terms of your minutes anyway.
What is the point of the insurance then? It arguably covers perils such as a scratched LCD if you pay more for that coverage. But again, if you consider the following, you will see that you can usually replace your own LCD and other minor out of warranty "tune-ups" yourself and get more milage form your device pending your upgrade.

If you paid $6/month for a term of two years to cover your phone = $144 (more if you correct for taxes). Now, weigh that $144 against getting online, ordering a $40 LCD, replacing the screen yourself. Then, weigh that against simply doing the phone upgrade you would eventually do as a typical consumer which will yield you a brand new phone, anyway. Even correcting for the difference between a one year upgrade allowance of $75 and a two year upgrade allowance of $150, your exposure is STILL only the $75 loss having upgraded before FULL eligibility. I will not debate the point that you still stand to suffer additional loss from the "actual" cost of your new phone, since that discussion is subject to not only the depreciated value of your previous phone (the broken one--had it not broke) and the value of the new phone (whatever that might be), a figure that is not identifiable until you've chosen a new phone and know that cost. Never mind the fact that the upgrade process is something we all eventually do ANYWAY, notwithstanding.

So, depending on the type of coverage you are refering to, the above note should give you a sense of how to proceed. Good luck--007Mi6

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro