PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Google Voice Workaround? Call Status vs Keypad Dialer Screen (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=76951)

walltowallsales 07-29-2009 01:48 PM

Google Voice Workaround? Call Status vs Keypad Dialer Screen

I just got my google voice number and I love it. The only problem is when a call comes in from google voice, it asks you to push 1 to accept the call, 2 to send to voicemail, 3 to listen in, etc.
My touch pro defaults to the call status screen (showing 6 buttons with call history, calendar, note, mute, speakephone, and contacts) as soon as the call is answered. Does anyone know of a program or registry tweak that will keep it on the numerical keypad view by default, so that it is easier to make the appropriate selection without waiting for the screen to change? ](*,)
Thanks
andy
Phone: Alltel Touch Pro
Rom: Mightyrom6

EvgeniX 07-29-2009 01:59 PM

Re: Google Voice Workaround? Call Status vs Keypad Dialer Screen

Quote:

Originally Posted by walltowallsales (Post 1067756)
IThe only problem is when a call comes in from google voice, it asks you to push 1 to accept the call, 2 to send to voicemail, 3 to listen in, etc.

You can turn this off in GV settings....

walltowallsales 07-29-2009 02:17 PM

Thanks for the idea EvgeniX. The only problem is that I intend to put this number out on the internet and expect to receive a lot of spam. So i would rather keep the option to listen in while the caller leaves a voicemail so I can screen calls. But if i can't figure this out I will keep your solution in mind. Thanks. andy

longlost 07-29-2009 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walltowallsales (Post 1067830)
Thanks for the idea EvgeniX. The only problem is that I intend to put this number out on the internet and expect to receive a lot of spam. So i would rather keep the option to listen in while the caller leaves a voicemail so I can screen calls. But if i can't figure this out I will keep your solution in mind. Thanks. andy

You can turn off the Call presentation atleast for people you know.

Go to Setting ---> Group and create agroup and add phone no of the person you know and turn off Call presentation.

This way you only screen the folks you dont know.

hth
Indu

bkurek 07-29-2009 05:23 PM

has anyone tried gv dialer? i know it's $10 but i think that is for life.

walltowallsales 07-29-2009 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longlost (Post 1067990)
You can turn off the Call presentation atleast for people you know.

Go to Setting ---> Group and create agroup and add phone no of the person you know and turn off Call presentation.

This way you only screen the folks you dont know.

hth
Indu

thanks for the idea on the workaround. unfortunately most everyone who calls this number will be unknown callers. also i would like the keypad to stay on rather than the call status window for other reasons as well. it would be useful when checking voicemail and when going through an automated system like when i call verizon and have to hit a whole bunch of numbers before i can talk to a human.

anyone else have any ideas?

thanks

digi 07-30-2009 12:05 AM

Sounds like you want the app called "Touch In-Call Screen Tweak". It was made for turning the screen off when the phone is put to your ear, and automatically turning the screen on when you pull it away from your ear so that you can input numbers, and it has an option to automatically press left softkey when the screen comes on, which will show the keypad, it will even turn on the speaker phone when you pull the phone from your ear. I use it and love it.

walltowallsales 07-30-2009 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digi (Post 1069307)
Sounds like you want the app called "Touch In-Call Screen Tweak". It was made for turning the screen off when the phone is put to your ear, and automatically turning the screen on when you pull it away from your ear so that you can input numbers, and it has an option to automatically press left softkey when the screen comes on, which will show the keypad, it will even turn on the speaker phone when you pull the phone from your ear. I use it and love it.

YOU ARE MY HERO DUDE!!!

I already had Touch In-Call Screen Tweak installed and love it, but I did not know it had that option available. Now I love it even more. I thanked your post but I wish I could click it a few more times.

Thanks again
Andy

shaggylive 07-30-2009 12:32 AM

I use the keyboard.

walltowallsales 07-30-2009 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkurek (Post 1068333)
has anyone tried gv dialer? i know it's $10 but i think that is for life.

I haven't tried it but thanks for the heads up. I will definately try it now.