PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2009, 10:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

metaGlass is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hey guys, newbie here, just a couple of quick questions :)

Hi everyone!

I'm a newbie when it comes to unlocking phones, although I'm not a tech newbie (I'm actually a software developer and am using the phone as a testbed for some mobile apps).

I have an Alltel HTC Touch Pro that I've unlocked (using cmonex 0.37), and I've flashed it to the latest MightyROM and installed the green TFL3D theme. Everything seems as right as rain right now.

Now, I'm on the Verizon network. I'm going into the local store tomorrow morning to activate the phone. What I wanted to know is if there's anything I'm missing, or if you guys think I might run into any problems activating, or any steps that I've missed.

I read that CDMA phones need to be flashed to another provider, which has me a bit worried, as the phone is unlocked (or at least I'm pretty sure it is, the tri-band management mode screen did say the right cmonex ROM was loaded). I didn't flash anything specifically to Verizon, so I'm not sure if I need to do that?

Anyway, any questions or answers would be greatly appreciated, thanks again!
Old 07-28-2009, 10:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

metaGlass is a n00b
Re: Hey guys, newbie here, just a couple of quick questions :)

Hmm, ok crap. I'm reading some posts (although they seem outdated), that you can't activate Alltel phones on the Verizon network. This isn't because of a technical reason, but because Verizon banned activations on phones that aren't directly from Verizon, and it's a policy for the service reps to not override this restriction. I know that Alltel and Verizon are merging, and that apparently Alltel phones will soon be allowed to activate on the Verizon network. Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:09 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac
Re: Hey guys, newbie here, just a couple of quick questions :)

wtf? why cant you just stay on your alltel plan. you dont have to activate the phone on vzw your just grandfathered in i believe.

EDIT: oh ok i understand now you have an ALLTEL PHONE and a VERIZON CUSTOMER.....sorry for the confusion

Last edited by psycho_maniac; 07-29-2009 at 02:14 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro