PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2009, 08:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Professional
Carrier: Sprint

simon21 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Google Voice!?!?!?!?

does this mean that you have to have a data connection to use GV on your TP? what if you're driving and the data changes to 1X?
Old 07-28-2009, 08:24 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon21 View Post
does this mean that you have to have a data connection to use GV on your TP? what if you're driving and the data changes to 1X?
i dont think so. you use your phone your supposed to use 1x when on the phone.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: At&t
Threadstarter

dbord_n is keeping up the good workdbord_n is keeping up the good work

i read that on the android, they have an app that will replace even the stock dialer and use only the google voice.

Old 07-28-2009, 11:17 PM
Super Senior VIP Member

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbord_n View Post
i read that on the android, they have an app that will replace even the stock dialer and use only the google voice.
really? i could see using it for international calls as it seems really cheap also i could see prank calling or calling people you dont want to know your original number but i dont think i would use it permanently. i got a number and barley use it right now.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jortiz12885 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to jortiz12885 Send a message via Skype™ to jortiz12885

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon21 View Post
You need a Data plan to connect to your account, then it dials out to your phone number and goes to 1x, you basically just receive an incoming call that needs to be initiated through the dialer, or browser and both need data.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:49 PM
Super Senior VIP Member

do you really need data? if you had a computer you could set up your account there and just have the incoming there? i just call my google voice number press 2 and then input the number i wanna call.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

Spr0ckEt is keeping up the good workSpr0ckEt is keeping up the good workSpr0ckEt is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Spr0ckEt Send a message via MSN to Spr0ckEt Send a message via Yahoo to Spr0ckEt

You dont need data if you use it that way. Data is only required when using one of these apps or dialing from the website.
Phone history: Moto V265 (5), Moto V710 (4), Moto E815 (1), Moto Q (4), Treo 700wx (3), and XV6800 (5), Alltel Touch Pro (5), VZW Touch Pro 2 (2), HTC Incredible (3), HTC Thunderbolt (5), HTC Rezound (5), HTC DNA (4), Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (3)
Old 07-29-2009, 12:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

jeffyv is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to jeffyv Send a message via Yahoo to jeffyv Send a message via Skype™ to jeffyv

are u guys getting those free business cards u can get with your number?
Old 07-29-2009, 12:55 AM
Super Senior VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffyv View Post
are u guys getting those free business cards u can get with your number?
where did you hear or see this?
Old 07-29-2009, 01:04 AM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Got My Invite Today!

I got an invite to Google Voice today while driving, WOO HOO!!!!
I yeah, HELL YEAH while at a stop light reading my email, I know the people next to me had their window down and looked at me like I was a LOON!!!

Just finished setting it up, I was kinda disappointed because all the numbers I wanted weren't available... oh well, settled for an easy one... ending in my area code, that ought to confuse some people here!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro