PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2009, 02:05 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1
Re: has anyone had luck with a refurb?

my refurb has been great so far. i too am mad about it not coming with a screen protector though.

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
Old 07-27-2009, 03:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Tim Smith is keeping up the good workTim Smith is keeping up the good work

Mine is great apart from the keyboard dying two days after getting it thing which is why it was replaced in the first place. Some time this week I'll be calling them again.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:19 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc hero
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

whatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to whatsleft4her

well i checked today its a 3lbs package so im pretty sure its a nib
Old 08-13-2009, 12:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (CDMA)
Carrier: Sprint

takimaki is a n00b

Got a refurb through Advanced Exchange yesterday (broken keyboard), and its working great so far! Honestly, it looks new...they must have replaced the entire housing. The life timer DOES say refurb though, and has quite a bit of call time on it. I flashed a new radio onto the phone (Telus 1.04) and its running very cool now, with much improved battery life. We'll see how it goes.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:51 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

I had good luck with a Mogul refurb...

I had to replace my TP a couple of months ago and it was new, so maybe you'll get lucky

Old 08-13-2009, 03:55 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

I just got my TP refurb like a week ago or so and it is working wonderfully, it looked brand new...So I can't complain at all
Old 08-13-2009, 03:58 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

yeah, the refurbs are getting better(probably because they have so many!). #9 has held up for 2 months now.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

pringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to pringlet

I received a refurb on Tuesday to replace a TP with a microphone issue. Looks like brand new housing and screen. Only complaint is that the spacebar on the keyboard and the period keys seem to not 'click' as well as the other keys. The cool thing is the batter cover is silver, Vs. my previous TP which was goldish.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:28 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pringlet View Post
I received a refurb on Tuesday to replace a TP with a microphone issue. Looks like brand new housing and screen. Only complaint is that the spacebar on the keyboard and the period keys seem to not 'click' as well as the other keys. The cool thing is the batter cover is silver, Vs. my previous TP which was goldish.
Why not call then and have then exchange it? If it's not up to your standards and you feel it's causing issues, they have an obligation to replace it.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

WanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuff

Looks like I must have used up most of the bad refurbs. lol. I had 5 in a row that had serious defects. Like BT couldn't connect, PRL wouldn't update, keyboard wobbled and flapped and wouldn't stay closed, etc. Finally, the 6th worked great though. Cosmetically and functionally, it's a winner. As good or better than my original TP. And as noted, the back is silver instead of gold and coated with a non-skid finish.
Moral: If something is wrong with your refurb, bounce it back. A good one is right around the corner and waiting to connect with you. Sort of like relationships.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro