PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2009, 04:03 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc hero
Carrier: sprint

whatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to whatsleft4her
is my screen going?

everytime i touch my screen i get colors that look like when you press on a lcd screen to hard and they are all over the background images. my wonder is it a loose wire or is the lcd dying? does anyone have a clue?
Old 07-26-2009, 04:07 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

whatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: is my screen going?

is displaying purples and greens all over the screen when i press in certain spots?
Old 07-26-2009, 04:07 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Kinda sounds like it's failing.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:10 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

thats what i was afraid of lame sometimes it freezes and becomes unresponsive and ill hit the power button to turn on the screen and it lights up and then goes blank like 2 seconds later.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:14 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Do you have insurance?
Is this a replacement?
Old 07-26-2009, 04:16 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

yes i do and nope it was new when i got it, im gonna make a claim on asurion.com and see if ill get a new or refurb but the killer is 100bucks!
Old 07-26-2009, 04:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: My EVO punches your IPHONES

mebo73 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to mebo73

just go to the sprint store tell them about the screen and tell them the keyboard is failing and they will get u a new one. Prolly gonna be a refurbed but u cant just go through them that way instead of payign $75. Oooooor you can email sprint customer service and complain about the way the phone is acting and tell them ur disapointed and they may cover the cost of the phone through an insurance claim. They said that for me!!!

Old 07-26-2009, 04:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

hmmmmmm ill def have to email them then bc i know the store isnt gonna do anything but give me a refurb
Old 07-26-2009, 03:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

k i talked to sprint got a phone sent out through asurion.com and got sprint to credit my account 100 buck for the deductable when it hits so i dont have any charge for the replacement at all. im happy now new touch pro by the 28th.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:15 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

always, always, ALWAYS try the self service/advanced exchange with srpint b4 asurion... ive made several claims through there and its never cost a penny...

asurion is always a last resort for me, since AE actually comes from sprint, their easier to deal with IMO then asurions people are..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro