PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   data connection problem (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=76351)

monkeyxiv 07-26-2009 01:56 AM

data connection problem

my data connection is now working and i was wandering if any of you know what could be the problem. anyways i will start from square one. when i first got my phone i flashed a custom rom before i got it setup which i found out i had to go back to sprint rom to get it fixed so i did. well before i setup my data connection i flashed back to the custom rom. on the new rom i went to settings connection>connection manage existing connections edit #777 put in my username and password, but my connection still doesn't work. do i have to go back to sprint rom to fix this? or is it fixable?

TheAlienElite 07-26-2009 02:15 AM

Re: data connection problem

What error is it giving?

reddick 07-26-2009 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeyxiv (Post 1060266)
my data connection is now working and i was wandering if any of you know what could be the problem. anyways i will start from square one. when i first got my phone i flashed a custom rom before i got it setup which i found out i had to go back to sprint rom to get it fixed so i did. well before i setup my data connection i flashed back to the custom rom. on the new rom i went to settings connection>connection manage existing connections edit #777 put in my username and password, but my connection still doesn't work. do i have to go back to sprint rom to fix this? or is it fixable?

on the username and password part leave it blank...

bikeandestroyx 07-26-2009 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeyxiv (Post 1060266)

flash back to sprint rom, easiest way to fix this.

psycho_maniac 07-26-2009 08:17 AM

yeah but what if he wants to use a different rom again? this doesnt help

monkeyxiv 07-26-2009 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycho_maniac (Post 1060540)
yeah but what if he wants to use a different rom again? this doesnt help

my thoughts exactly on my old mogul everytime i flashed a custom rom i had to reput in my username and password to access my data connection so...

psycho_maniac 07-27-2009 09:31 PM

what is your carrier?

monkeyxiv 07-28-2009 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycho_maniac (Post 1063806)
what is your carrier?

sprint

gravity24 07-30-2009 11:35 AM

I'm also having the same problem as the original poster. I'm a sprint user and just flashed to Mighty 6 and now my data won't connect. As another poster said I don't have to input a user name or password, but there is also a "domain" field. do I have to input anything in that field?

Any help would be great

gravity24 07-30-2009 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gravity24 (Post 1070169)
I'm also having the same problem as the original poster. I'm a sprint user and just flashed to Mighty 6 and now my data won't connect. As another poster said I don't have to input a user name or password, but there is also a "domain" field. do I have to input anything in that field?

Any help would be great

This is how I just got my data to work. I guess when I flashed to the new rom I messed up my PRL. To fix it I first had to get the MSL which I found how to do in this link:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...&highlight=MSL

* Change the following registry entries in:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\ATDbgLog
Enable: 1
LogMode: 1
* Wait a reasonable amount of time and soft-reset (I have noticed that it seems to take longer for this value to take affect, so if you reboot and the registry values are not changed, then you need to do it again and wait longer)
* Check to see that the file \Temp\ATDbg0.txt has been created. (or check \ATlog \ATDbg0.txt )
* Return the values back to what they were (most likely 0) waiting the same amount of time as above. You need to change it back to zeros because this will unlock the ATDbg0.txt file
* Look in the ATDbg0.txt file and you should see a log of commands sent to the CDMA radio and there should be something like this somewhere in the file:
Code:
113 Tx:AT+HTC_RMSL=0\r
113 Rx:+HTC_RMSL: 354201\r\n0\r
113 Tx:AT+HTC_ROTKSL=0\r
113 Rx:+HTC_ROTKSL: 216112\r\n0\r
* The numbers next to the Rx: +HTC_RMSL line should be your MSL... I do not know what the ROTKSL is for, but included it in the snippet incase someone knows.

Once you get the MSL number, dial ##775# on your sprint phone (mine is a HTC touch pro). It will then bring you to an unlock screen. Plug in the MSL number (found in ATDbg0.txt). This restored my data on my phone. If the screen with user name, password, and domain pops up just leave the fields blank.

Hope this helps