PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   How to reset new message count on Touch Flo (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=76321)

ethutch 07-25-2009 08:23 PM

How to reset new message count on Touch Flo

On the "Text" icon that runs along the bottom of Touch Flo 3d it puts a number. This is the number of unread messages you have. Well, somehow I got that count stuck at 1. Most likely I deleted the new message before Touch Flo figured out that it was read.

Does anyone know of a way to reset that count? Currently it has a big "1" on the icon and is Really annoying.

askwhy 07-25-2009 08:32 PM

Re: How to reset new message count on Touch Flo

Quote:

Originally Posted by ethutch (Post 1059817)
On the "Text" icon that runs along the bottom of Touch Flo 3d it puts a number. This is the number of unread messages you have. Well, somehow I got that count stuck at 1. Most likely I deleted the new message before Touch Flo figured out that it was read.

Does anyone know of a way to reset that count? Currently it has a big "1" on the icon and is Really annoying.

Is it definitely on the SMS icon or is it possibly on the Email icon? If it's on the SMS icon for sure than I don't know if any of the following applies, but maybe...

If it's on the email icon, you might try going to your inbox view, then to folder selections, and look for a 'Tips & Tricks' email under 'Outlook Email' -- even if you don't use activesync mail it may be there...Also you may wish to try the file floating around here somewhere to supposedly fix the unread count (found it, see this thread), but I don't know what situations it will and won't work for -- or if it ever applies to SMS. Good luck.

ethutch 07-25-2009 09:46 PM

Thanks for the info, it did sound really hopeful. However the program did not work. In fact it caused the phone to go into an unrecoverable reboot loop.
:violent2:
I assume after I do a hard reset the stupid message count will be correct. But this is a worst case scenario. :( :( :(

askwhy 07-25-2009 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ethutch (Post 1059927)
Thanks for the info, it did sound really hopeful. However the program did not work. In fact it caused the phone to go into an unrecoverable reboot loop.
:violent2:
I assume after I do a hard reset the stupid message count will be correct. But this is a worst case scenario. :( :( :(

Yikes! That is...a most unfortunate result. (and a perfect example of why that animation of the happy face jumping into a microwave exists...) That thread did look a bit moldy, but it didn't look unsafe for consumption. I am sorry to hear you may be stuck doing a hard reset, although you can always chalk it up to more experience.

Did you happen to check for the rogue 'Welcome/Tips & Tricks' message before trying that executable in that thread?

schoenof 09-21-2009 07:21 PM

Go to "Inbox" (left bottom button)....Click Inbox upper left....Open Outlook E-mail....you probably have 1 email in the inbox under here...delete it...read it....etc.....problem fixed.....

brodie 11-12-2009 04:06 PM

Edit - found this on XDA check it out http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=message+count

I'm having the same issue! I messaged myself by accident and I now have the blue number 1 by my text icon. Surely there has to be a way to reset this.

Even if from there I go to classic winmo sms inbox I still have a (1) next to the word "inbox" yet I have nothing in there to read.

There must be a way to reset this in windows. I haven't tried deleting every single text on my phone yet but, I don't think that's going to solve the problem in my opinion.

rdphoto 12-13-2009 11:42 PM

This fixed a wrong message count for sms messages on my Verizon Touch Pro2.

Google CERegEditor then download and install on your computer (not phone). Connect your phone to computer (need sync capability).

Launch CERegEditor then connect to your phone (top left menu).

You need to edit this registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\State\Messages\sms\Unread

Double-click on COUNT and change the number to 0 (zero). You should see the change immediately on your phone -- you don't have to do a save. If it works then save.

The answer is similar for e-mail. Just look around in the same area for similar keys.

Roger

Kru83 12-14-2009 09:01 AM

Thanks polling for this for past 4 weeks

CMeys 08-15-2010 06:39 PM

Thanks for this post (I realize it's old). It worked for me, now each time I get an SMS, I have the same problem. Any idea how to cure it permanently?

jstevenj 01-04-2011 05:08 PM

I have the same problem. I can fix it in the reg then the next txt msg I get it goes back to 2. Mine used to be 1 but some time ago went to 2. I can delete all txt msg and it gos away. then the next time I get a mst it jumps to 2 again even after reading the new msg. There has got to be a perm fix for this.... anybody?