PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2009, 04:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon

GuItArMaN is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Major Issue With S2U2 On Sprint HTC Touch Pro! Please help!

So, I really needed/wanted a program, like the locking slider for the iphone, for my phone. And eventually, I stumbled across S2U2, I didn't read about any big issues with it, and everyone loved it. So I installed it right away last night on my phone. My phone worked Lag FreeandFlawlesslybefore installing the app. After the installation of the latest VGA version of the app, it worked great and did everything I needed it to do, with hardly any noticeable lag on the phone or anything since installing it. Today, it still worked great, however, I accidentally did a soft reset on my phone, and when it booted back up .... I was getting MAJOR LAG. I tried to close every program and shut down S2U2, but that did absolutely nothing. The memory status in task manager said it was only at about 30-32%, as it normally is with no programs running in the background, but this time, the phone is lagging horrendously. It's so bad, I can't even access my texts messages readily, sometimes they take forever to load when opening one. I knew S2U2 had to be the problem, so I uninstalled it using the add/remove program option in the windows settings folder. After that, I did another soft reset. Great, the program is now gone, however, the same horrible lag is still there. Did the program edit a reg key or something? I'm almost certain the program is the root of this evil. Can someone please help me out? If no one can, I'll try to e-mail the developer, but he'll probably be browsing around on here anyway. Also, I'm sorry if this is not the right place for such a post, my apologies.

P.S- I'm running the latest Verizon Stock ROM, which was released fairly recently, and therefore, this phone is on the Verizon Network.

Thanks,

Chris

Old 07-25-2009, 04:50 PM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time
Carrier: Sprint

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Major Issue With S2U2 On Sprint HTC Touch Pro! Please help!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63
Old 07-25-2009, 05:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

GuItArMaN is a n00b
Re: Major Issue With S2U2 On Sprint HTC Touch Pro! Please help!

Guess I'll repost this there then ...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro