PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2009, 10:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

TCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Alltel new ROM Can't install now or use GPS

Well I went on the advice of others and installed the new Alltel GPS rom. Well now my GPS takes well over 2 minutes to lock on where it use to only take 10 seconds. Seems quickGPS doesn't work anymore even though it says it has valid data. Also I get a message about not having sufficient system privliges when I try to install certain programs. Never had that before either. I found a cab for quick gps and going to reinstall but I can't.
Any idea how to get around the privliges crap, I found a tread with some registry setting for policies but they didn't help.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

TCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Alltel new ROM Can't install now or use GPS

Ah this is so frustrating! I use my GPS alot. I don't want to have to wait 2 to 3 minutes everytime I open one of my programs to use it. With the original shipped ROM it worked great. Open a program such as geoscout and bam; lock in seconds. Now wait, wait, wait, wait, wait...... On an upside my radio seems to work better and the system does run better.

I was able to get the quick gps cab installed that I found in another thread. Hoped maybe reinstalling would help the situation; nope. Still slow.

Just needed to rant. I guess I should have left well enough alone. I would be happy if I could just get my gps to lock fast again.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Still cant install PC anywhere mobile. It installed with ease on older rom now I get "Installation was unsuccessful. The program or settings cannot be installed because it does not have sufficient system permissions." How can I stop this? I did search and found some reg settings but they did not help.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: ut starcom 6700
Carrier: alltel

cloudn9ne is a n00b

The new alltel radio that comes with the rom messes up the agps settings and causes it to take longer to lock on to satellites. I flashed the latest verizion radio and now my gps works fine again. If you would like to get rid of any system permissions then I would definitely try a custom rom. Make sure you have unlocked your phone if you are going to flash a new radio or rom.
Old 07-25-2009, 02:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

digiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Same thing here... the Cellular South radio and new Alltel radio sucks for GPS. Going back to the USCC radio.
Old 07-25-2009, 05:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Got a link to the verizon radio?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro