PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   MMS/Arcsoft settings or help on Boost Htc Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=76245)

Nolimittodis 07-25-2009 04:20 AM

MMS/Arcsoft settings or help on Boost Htc Pro

I am a newbie to the ppc world, but not to modding phones. I recently activated a HTC touch pro from sprint on boost unlimited (cdma). I have everything working except my MMS. My phone is unlocked and I have a reg editor and Arcsoft installed. I have tried putting WMTP.myboostmobile.com/wmtp_3_4 as the server but I still cant send or recieve mms. I think im missing a setting or something somewhere can someone please help. Thanks in advance.

drmmaster 08-23-2009 10:47 PM

Re: MMS/Arcsoft settings or help on Boost Htc Pro

Having the exact same issue myself. I dont have any other ideas ive tried everything. Ive searched everywhere and tried everything. However I can add the exact same settings work on a Sprint Lotus thats on BOOST. But nojoy on the touch.

boredandtattooed 08-24-2009 10:52 AM

how did you get TPs on BOOST??

drmmaster 08-24-2009 07:15 PM

I have a buddy thats works in the call center. Thats all I can say on that. However anyone can get the cdma boost service. You just have to have one of the original 3 boost cdma phones. KRZR, w385 and i forget the 3rd sorry. After you start service with the original cdma phone. You can call cust service and attempt to get your Sprint phone activated (tell them your other phone is broke). Its luck of the draw really. Some reps will, some wont.

But its great, I have everything a sprint customer would have. But no contract. and half the monthly fee.

Just the stupid MMS....grrrr.

Gesani 08-24-2009 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drmmaster (Post 1119912)
I have a buddy thats works in the call center. Thats all I can say on that. However anyone can get the cdma boost service. You just have to have one of the original 3 boost cdma phones. KRZR, w385 and i forget the 3rd sorry. After you start service with the original cdma phone. You can call cust service and attempt to get your Sprint phone activated (tell them your other phone is broke). Its luck of the draw really. Some reps will, some wont.

But its great, I have everything a sprint customer would have. But no contract. and half the monthly fee.

Just the stupid MMS....grrrr.

and in some places half the coverage area.

have you tried calling your buddy at boost?

boredandtattooed 08-24-2009 08:25 PM

gotcha... if you dont do vids, u can use someguysMMS still couldnt ya, pay the $5 min donation and turn on intercept and theres your PM

drmmaster 08-24-2009 08:57 PM

Thanks!! Ill look into it..Ill report back. By the way thanks for the list of cabs etc...In you signature. Very helpfull

LunaticSerenade 08-24-2009 08:58 PM

If there is any number you can dial to program the phone, that would probably fix it.

drmmaster 08-25-2009 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nolimittodis (Post 1058894)
I am a newbie to the ppc world, but not to modding phones. I recently activated a HTC touch pro from sprint on boost unlimited (cdma). I have everything working except my MMS. My phone is unlocked and I have a reg editor and Arcsoft installed. I have tried putting WMTP.myboostmobile.com/wmtp_3_4 as the server but I still cant send or recieve mms. I think im missing a setting or something somewhere can someone please help. Thanks in advance.

Here is the correct settings using (Sprint Arcsoft MMS 5.0.82.79.cab)

Messaging, SMS/MMS, then Pics/Video Options, then hit the Servers tab, and click on SPRINTMMSC, and in there just change he Server Address to
http://mm.myboostmobile.com
This allowed me to send and recieve

Thanks to the original poster and thread on Sprint Arcsoft MMS and copashe on HF

m4f1050 08-25-2009 08:27 PM

If that doesn't work, install Sprint ArcSoft MMS 5.0.82.79 and use this address on the options

http://pcs-boost-mmsc-submit.sun3.lightsurf.net

It works for me.

m4f1050 08-27-2009 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drmmaster (Post 1121790)
This allowed me to send and recieve

drmmaster, when you say receive you mean that you get the sms message saying you have a an mms and gives you a broken link or do you actually get the picture in the sms/mms?

I got it to work for sending only, the receive I get an SMS with a link to http://mediamail.boostmobile.com but the last 5 or 6 characters are separated from the link and it doesn't work. I have to manually go to the address and login to see it, which is ok for now but if there is a way to get it straight or if someone can or has written an intercept for this sms which opens up the right link that would be awesome!

unclesam333 09-10-2009 03:42 PM

me too...I think we are s o l

toddnaz 09-29-2009 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m4f1050 (Post 1121800)
If that doesn't work, install Sprint ArcSoft MMS 5.0.82.79 and use this address on the options

It works for me.

ArcSoft works great for sending out picture mail on my HTC Mogul 6800 (Boost Mobile) with your server address above, thank you! But I still cannot receive MMS messages, all I get is a text with a link then if I click on the link it says "Share Error______You are unauthorized to view the share". With my old Sprint postpaid service I would go to the lame Sprint picture mail service via the browser to download pics, I could send pics with the oem app from my phone. But it doesn't seem that you can do that with Boost because the 3 supported Boost CDMA phones (lame) have MMS built in. It doesn't appear on the Boost side that they have that same internet MMS download site like Sprint. Even though we all understand this is really Sprint service on the Sprint network. So I understand the work around we must do to get it to work on a PPC.

How do I download pic mail with ArcSoft MMS? I see the auto and manual retrieval message download in options but how do I initiate the app to download picture mail from the Boost MMS server? I set it to manual to try and do it that way but I don't see anwyay to manually download MMS.

Now I finally moved from the Sprint Simply Everything plan to Boost CDMA. I couldn't be happier! I'm paying half of what I use to pay for the same service. Just to let everybody know you must port your Sprint # to something like AT&T prepaid (Go Phone) then port it back to Boost if you want to keep your #. AT&T is instant with ports so I recommend them. It took literally 2 minutes to port my # to AT&T from Sprint and my temp Go Phone phone was ringing with my ported # almost instantly. Sprint will in no way port your # to Boost CDMA so don't even try it. I hear they are finally porting to Boost iDen but who cares, that service is lame.

toddnaz 09-29-2009 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m4f1050 (Post 1124591)
drmmaster, when you say receive you mean that you get the sms message saying you have a an mms and gives you a broken link or do you actually get the picture in the sms/mms?

I got it to work for sending only, the receive I get an SMS with a link to http://mediamail.boostmobile.com but the last 5 or 6 characters are separated from the link and it doesn't work. I have to manually go to the address and login to see it, which is ok for now but if there is a way to get it straight or if someone can or has written an intercept for this sms which opens up the right link that would be awesome!

Ok, there actually is a basic online MMS site for Boost, thanks. It's very basic on the PPC browser. The inbox shows 1. - 4. with 5. being "more messages". No thumbnails of the pics that you received but oh well, that's better than nothing.

timbone19 11-23-2009 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toddnaz (Post 1202117)
ArcSoft works great for sending out picture mail on my HTC Mogul 6800 (Boost Mobile) with your server address above, thank you! But I still cannot receive MMS messages, all I get is a text with a link then if I click on the link it says "Share Error______You are unauthorized to view the share". With my old Sprint postpaid service I would go to the lame Sprint picture mail service via the browser to download pics, I could send pics with the oem app from my phone. But it doesn't seem that you can do that with Boost because the 3 supported Boost CDMA phones (lame) have MMS built in. It doesn't appear on the Boost side that they have that same internet MMS download site like Sprint. Even though we all understand this is really Sprint service on the Sprint network. So I understand the work around we must do to get it to work on a PPC.

How do I download pic mail with ArcSoft MMS? I see the auto and manual retrieval message download in options but how do I initiate the app to download picture mail from the Boost MMS server? I set it to manual to try and do it that way but I don't see anwyay to manually download MMS.

Now I finally moved from the Sprint Simply Everything plan to Boost CDMA. I couldn't be happier! I'm paying half of what I use to pay for the same service. Just to let everybody know you must port your Sprint # to something like AT&T prepaid (Go Phone) then port it back to Boost if you want to keep your #. AT&T is instant with ports so I recommend them. It took literally 2 minutes to port my # to AT&T from Sprint and my temp Go Phone phone was ringing with my ported # almost instantly. Sprint will in no way port your # to Boost CDMA so don't even try it. I hear they are finally porting to Boost iDen but who cares, that service is lame.

It looks like it all depends on the ROM
I am using NSFAN
and with http://mm.myboostmobile.com
Everything works fine
I say get a ROM u like and try it
I am sticking with NSFAN since I can now receive and send mms

sp1kez 12-04-2009 04:18 PM

I have set my server to both the mm.myboostmobile.com and the lightsurf.net but neither one works

using Arcsoft MMS_Sprint_5_0_94_128c

I have tried every fix I could find but it's just not working on my Touch pro 2 on boost

hesantos83 02-22-2010 04:28 AM

Hi timbone19 I'm using NSFAN room but I can only send mms out, which cab are you using to receive mms on boost without having to sign in to the media mail webpage.

toddnaz 02-22-2010 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sp1kez (Post 1386546)
I have set my server to both the mm.myboostmobile.com and the lightsurf.net but neither one works

using Arcsoft MMS_Sprint_5_0_94_128c

I have tried every fix I could find but it's just not working on my Touch pro 2 on boost

http://pcs-boost-mmsc-submit.sun3.lightsurf.net does work with Arcsoft but only to send. out.

madturtle 02-22-2010 06:13 PM

i have installed arcsoft and i don't have the option to change the server settings any ideas
im using the stock rom

armowawa 03-08-2010 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madturtle (Post 1583114)
i have installed arcsoft and i don't have the option to change the server settings any ideas
im using the stock rom

On the servers setting click on sprintMMSC

diviousone 03-12-2010 01:45 AM

Hi total noob to this stuff but I got my TP2 to receive picture mail just wont send. when I edit in Arcsoft I have a preferences tab a blacklist tab and 2 blank tabs with server info in each one tab with 2 servers and one tab with one and finally the about tab.. So which tab do I change to get it to send?

hectorquiroz 03-29-2010 01:59 PM

hey guys i still cant send pictures i receive fine ill pay someone to help me fix my issue .paypal 951-283-7043

shcoolboy313 04-02-2010 09:25 PM

Has anybody figured out a fix to receive MMS yet?

lascott7 06-13-2011 01:25 AM

Quote:

It works for me.

Can someone please help me? I used the mm.myboostmobile.com and get a 'error-permanent-system failure' when getting receiving pic mail but could send. Also, my hubby who uses a Boost BB gets a blank message. So I used pcs-boost-mmsc-submit.sun3.lightsurf.net. and I was able to not send media mail but receive it without any problems. I have an energy ROM and using the Arcsoft MMS version you have above. This is so ridiculous. Do I have to use mms program specially for my Sense Energy CRX ROM or what? I do not understand what's wrong with this? Is it because I have an Energy ROM?

Pappa_Bear 09-03-2011 10:19 PM

Quote:

It works for me.

after following the directions to a T from this thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...ading-mms.html and using the server above, it works perfectly. The biggest key was to follow the instructions given to a "T"

Thanks for all the hard work guys