PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2009, 04:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Boost Unlimited

Nolimittodis is keeping up the good workNolimittodis is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
MMS/Arcsoft settings or help on Boost Htc Pro

I am a newbie to the ppc world, but not to modding phones. I recently activated a HTC touch pro from sprint on boost unlimited (cdma). I have everything working except my MMS. My phone is unlocked and I have a reg editor and Arcsoft installed. I have tried putting WMTP.myboostmobile.com/wmtp_3_4 as the server but I still cant send or recieve mms. I think im missing a setting or something somewhere can someone please help. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:47 PM
Lurker
Carrier: BOOST Unlimited CDMA

drmmaster is a n00b
Re: MMS/Arcsoft settings or help on Boost Htc Pro

Having the exact same issue myself. I dont have any other ideas ive tried everything. Ive searched everywhere and tried everything. However I can add the exact same settings work on a Sprint Lotus thats on BOOST. But nojoy on the touch.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:52 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

how did you get TPs on BOOST??
Old 08-24-2009, 07:15 PM
Lurker

drmmaster is a n00b

I have a buddy thats works in the call center. Thats all I can say on that. However anyone can get the cdma boost service. You just have to have one of the original 3 boost cdma phones. KRZR, w385 and i forget the 3rd sorry. After you start service with the original cdma phone. You can call cust service and attempt to get your Sprint phone activated (tell them your other phone is broke). Its luck of the draw really. Some reps will, some wont.

But its great, I have everything a sprint customer would have. But no contract. and half the monthly fee.

Just the stupid MMS....grrrr.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: RIP XV6700.... Goodbye XV6850.. Hello XV6875
Carrier: Verizon

Gesani is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmmaster View Post
I have a buddy thats works in the call center. Thats all I can say on that. However anyone can get the cdma boost service. You just have to have one of the original 3 boost cdma phones. KRZR, w385 and i forget the 3rd sorry. After you start service with the original cdma phone. You can call cust service and attempt to get your Sprint phone activated (tell them your other phone is broke). Its luck of the draw really. Some reps will, some wont.

But its great, I have everything a sprint customer would have. But no contract. and half the monthly fee.

Just the stupid MMS....grrrr.
and in some places half the coverage area.

have you tried calling your buddy at boost?
Old 08-24-2009, 08:25 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

gotcha... if you dont do vids, u can use someguysMMS still couldnt ya, pay the $5 min donation and turn on intercept and theres your PM
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:57 PM
Lurker

drmmaster is a n00b

Thanks!! Ill look into it..Ill report back. By the way thanks for the list of cabs etc...In you signature. Very helpfull
Old 08-24-2009, 08:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

LunaticSerenade is keeping up the good workLunaticSerenade is keeping up the good work

If there is any number you can dial to program the phone, that would probably fix it.
Search is your best friend.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:20 PM
Lurker

drmmaster is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolimittodis View Post
I am a newbie to the ppc world, but not to modding phones. I recently activated a HTC touch pro from sprint on boost unlimited (cdma). I have everything working except my MMS. My phone is unlocked and I have a reg editor and Arcsoft installed. I have tried putting WMTP.myboostmobile.com/wmtp_3_4 as the server but I still cant send or recieve mms. I think im missing a setting or something somewhere can someone please help. Thanks in advance.
Here is the correct settings using (Sprint Arcsoft MMS 5.0.82.79.cab)

Messaging, SMS/MMS, then Pics/Video Options, then hit the Servers tab, and click on SPRINTMMSC, and in there just change he Server Address to
http://mm.myboostmobile.com
This allowed me to send and recieve

Thanks to the original poster and thread on Sprint Arcsoft MMS and copashe on HF

Last edited by drmmaster; 08-25-2009 at 08:24 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Ozone,Diam,Imagio,TPro2,Opt-S,EVO,3VO,E4GT
Carrier: Boost (CDMA)

m4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

If that doesn't work, install Sprint ArcSoft MMS 5.0.82.79 and use this address on the options

http://pcs-boost-mmsc-submit.sun3.lightsurf.net

It works for me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro