PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2009, 12:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

Alpine- is keeping up the good workAlpine- is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
remap softkey for iContact in TF3D

Forgive me if this has been beaten to death. I did a search and come up with a few threads but none of them seemed to work or resolve the issue. I see some referencing SoftKey Manager 1.1 w/ Touch Diamond mode support. I remapped the right softkey to iContact with this app but it doesnt change it in TF3D. The SSMaPa app .exe will not run on my system (perhaps because im Vistax64?) A lot of the other solutions I saw showed how to remap the softkey but ONLY if you were NOT using TF3D. There didnt seem to be a working current TF3D specific solution. The key mapping functions in latest iContact dont seem to address this either.

So, is there a .cab or reg edit out there that will allow you to config/remap either the right softkey or more specifically, the "all people" sofkey.

Its amazing how much better iContact is than TF3D's default. I cant believe I've gone this long without it. It's so much quicker to just tap a couple letters and have T9 spit out the only 1 or 2 names you could possibly have intended - then select from them. Scrolling a huge list is annoying when driving or something.

Last edited by Alpine-; 06-19-2009 at 12:31 AM.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint

ahawke01 is keeping up the good workahawke01 is keeping up the good work
Re: remap softkey for iContact in TF3D

I use Diamond Tweaks on my TF3D. Try it out on your ROM cause it helped me fix the soft keys to whatever I want.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Diamond Tweak 0.5.3_English.cab (400.9 KB, 13 views) Click for barcode!

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul/Touch/Diamond/Touch Pro/Touch Pro 2/Hero/EVO

e.lamberson is keeping up the good worke.lamberson is keeping up the good work

You can also go into any registry editor and change the soft key

HKEY Local Machine/Software/HTC/Manila

HomeR or LSKPath \Program Files\iContactBE\iContact.exe
HomeR or LSKText Contacts

Not sure which iContact version you are using but you can go into your Program Files and see if the folder is the same as I mentioned, iContactBE, or something else. Then within the folder, find the actual .exe file.

Also, if you have a the program files on either your storage card or internal storage then simply add \Storage Card\ or \Internal Storage\ in front of the \Program Files\iContactBE\iContact.exe

Hope this helps
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahawke01 View Post
I use Diamond Tweaks on my TF3D. Try it out on your ROM cause it helped me fix the soft keys to whatever I want.
Awesome lil app - however, it didnt work. It did indeed allow me to remap the Right soft key to Contacts but it uses the default contacts path (and doesnt let you choose what .exe it points to). Thus, it remaps it but you end up with the default contacts menu anyway. iContact sets itself as default on install so I reinstalled to see if it would set but it still doesnt. DiamondTweak specifically points to the default contacts. This app could be REALLY powerful if it allowed for a bit more in-depth optimization of all the sofkeys within various tabs of TF3D and also things like the calendar, alarm clock, etc.

I'm surprised nobody has made a cab or something to fix this. Aside from using Pocket Informat as the Calendar link on TF3D Home (which there is a cab for luckily), this would seem to be one of the next most common requests. Is there no little app that lets you customize where all the default TF3D links direct? Calendar, alarm clock, contacts, all come to mind. Surely there is one, this would be very useful as TF3D limits customization quit a bit if you prefer 3rd party apps for these things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.lamberson View Post

Not sure which iContact version you are using but you can go into your Program Files and see if the folder is the same as I mentioned, iContactBE, or something else. Then within the folder, find the actual .exe file.

Also, if you have a the program files on either your storage card or internal storage then simply add \Storage Card\ or \Internal Storage\ in front of the \Program Files\iContactBE\iContact.exe
This worked! Thanks

How about remapping the "All People" within the People Tab of TF3D? I dont see it in the manilla registry section anywhere.

Last edited by Alpine-; 06-19-2009 at 01:23 AM.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul/Touch/Diamond/Touch Pro/Touch Pro 2/Hero/EVO

e.lamberson is keeping up the good worke.lamberson is keeping up the good work

Quote:
How about remapping the "All People" within the People Tab of TF3D? I dont see it in the manilla registry section anywhere.
Nope, haven't found anything yet. I have been searching this since November and still haven't found anything. I have gone through pretty much every value and soft key assigner that I could find and still nothing. I have tried to add new keys, new values, new everything and still nothing. I saw a thread before where someone had the idea of creating a program that would allow you to do this but we are still waiting on this program to be created. Must be much more difficult than he originally thought.
Old 06-19-2009, 02:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Nope, haven't found anything yet. I have been searching this since November and still haven't found anything. I have gone through pretty much every value and soft key assigner that I could find and still nothing. I have tried to add new keys, new values, new everything and still nothing. I saw a thread before where someone had the idea of creating a program that would allow you to do this but we are still waiting on this program to be created. Must be much more difficult than he originally thought.
Shame... we need more TF3D customization!
Old 06-19-2009, 07:39 PM
ptfdmedic

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
try this. Overwrite the the existing files in windows folder. Note this will only work if icontacts is cooked in. It will be looking for icontact.exe inside the windows folder.
Attached Files
File Type: zip poutlook.zip (291 Bytes, 8 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

ciryan is a n00b

Quote:

Hope this helps
I'm sure this is a dumb question...but What's a good registry editor that I can use to do this?
Old 08-03-2009, 12:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine- View Post
So, is there a .cab or reg edit out there that will allow you to config/remap either the right softkey or more specifically, the "all people" sofkey.

install this cab!!
Attached Files
File Type: cab AllPeopleToiContact.cab (17.1 KB, 12 views) Click for barcode!

as always if i or anyone have helped you in any way, please take the time to press , a lot of time and research has went into finding the solutions that help you and many others...much appreciated...thank you!!!

Last edited by jdmsleepr; 08-03-2009 at 12:51 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciryan View Post
I'm sure this is a dumb question...but What's a good registry editor that I can use to do this?
PHM is a really good one!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro