PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Anybody File a Lost Report with asurion lately? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=76233)

slypher 08-01-2009 08:44 AM

Re: Anybody File a Lost Report with asurion lately?

Nice link! I filed mine as lost right before the switch in April and they didn't ask for an affidavit. Link is def the way to go if they still charge only $50.

-s

Major_Nate 08-01-2009 08:59 AM

So it's for sure still $50 if you use the www.phoneclaim.com website? Anyone confirm on their bill?

boredandtattooed 08-01-2009 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Major_Nate (Post 1074840)
So it's for sure still $50 if you use the www.phoneclaim.com website? Anyone confirm on their bill?

i can confirm the 50 charge on just this last bill of mine... i had 2 replacements, paid 50 each... can do a screenshot if that what ya guys need... but im pretty sure it being Aug 1st, there will be no more $50 deductables

aaronvlee 08-01-2009 11:43 AM

vzw is a $50 deduc,,,just got raised to $89.99. And yes you still need the affidavit

boredandtattooed 08-01-2009 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaronvlee (Post 1074995)
vzw is a $50 deduc,,,just got raised to $89.99. And yes you still need the affidavit

im not the OP, but really? vzw makes you get an affidavit for a lost claim??? thats a bit over the top right there..

im on sprint, ive lost quite a few when i was younger and over the years, theyve never questioned it.. they just remind you if you should find it, then they"d still like you to send it back in..

aaronvlee 08-01-2009 11:54 AM

It's actualy really easy though, you rint and fill out a form, fax it, 1-2 days later you get a call to pay your deduc. That 1-2 day wait is the part that sucks though. It's an on and off requirement by asurion I've noticed. Back around 2007 near end, n aff needed, nowadays, at least with vzw, back to the affidavit again.

Major_Nate 08-01-2009 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 1074910)
i can confirm the 50 charge on just this last bill of mine... i had 2 replacements, paid 50 each... can do a screenshot if that what ya guys need... but im pretty sure it being Aug 1st, there will be no more $50 deductables

Thanks, that was what I thought, but I wasn't sure. But as of today, you are correct, it is $100 for all PDAs and Instincts. Thanks for the quick reply! :headbang:

psykotik312 08-01-2009 03:00 PM

According to the FAQ on the link provided, it may be $50 or $100 but it depends on the device. Does anyone know if its safe to continue using your old phone until you get your new one or will that get you busted?:twisted:

TheRealHotshot 08-01-2009 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psykotik312 (Post 1075407)
According to the FAQ on the link provided, it may be $50 or $100 but it depends on the device. Does anyone know if its safe to continue using your old phone until you get your new one or will that get you busted?:twisted:

i wouldnt risk it if you said it was stolen or lost IE if its stolen how on earth can you be using it? and if its lost the same now damaged yes cause you can say it makes calls and get them IMO

boredandtattooed 08-01-2009 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Major_Nate (Post 1075382)
Thanks, that was what I thought, but I wasn't sure. But as of today, you are correct, it is $100 for all PDAs and Instincts. Thanks for the quick reply! :headbang:

yeah, no prob

Quote:

Originally Posted by psykotik312 (Post 1075407)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealHotshot (Post 1075417)
i wouldnt risk it if you said it was stolen or lost IE if its stolen how on earth can you be using it? and if its lost the same now damaged yes cause you can say it makes calls and get them IMO

i agree its a little risky Maybe... after all if its lost or stolen, someone else could possibly being using it... if its stolen i would hope they'd deactivate it atleast though