PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   thinking about trying to get a replacement touch pro from sprint... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=76225)

nannay12 07-25-2009 12:47 AM

thinking about trying to get a replacement touch pro from sprint...

im just wondering if you guys think they would give me a new one.. my phone has just got slower and slower as time goes on.. i basically cant run TF3D anymore because it is just soo slow. if i click on my contacts tab or whatever it takes more than ten minutes to load! and when i get a new message same thing. i currently have warrior's iphoneclone on here right now, and it is by far the fastest rom.. but still texting is just terrible! text lags, and takes forever just to view the message.. basically pointless.
*EDIT* also activedsync rarely loads, and is SUCH a pain to try and flash new roms. usually if i leave my phone plugged in for about 6 hours it will all the sudden realize that its connected.. i have the original box, and everything that came with it.

Only thing IS... i bought this phone from a guy who originally bought it from sprint. i know he didn't do anything to it. i know the guy personally. i upgraded from the diamond to it also. do you think that sprint would know.. if i walk into their store, and tell them the problems i am having with the phone, and if i could get a replacement.

how would you guys go about this??

Thanks

BigC 07-25-2009 01:07 AM

Re: thinking about trying to get a replacement touch pro from sprint...

Why not try a hard reset first ?

jbearamus 07-25-2009 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigC (Post 1058712)

that's exactly what sprint will do first nannay, so you may as well do it and see if that helps, it probably will, if its still acting up you can take it in, worst case they won't replace but you can always try

nannay12 07-25-2009 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigC (Post 1058712)

i have/had to probably 10 times this week because my phone was laggin so much and freezing

Giovanny 07-25-2009 01:12 AM

Just make sure you back up everything before you do a hard reset. This usually helps out a lot. Also it depends if you have installed a lot of programs or games that will eat up your memory and which it will cause to perform slow.

nannay12 07-25-2009 01:17 AM

i have basically the bare minimum on my phone.. i mean it works and all like this.. its just a pain. and i have been wondering about this for a couple weeks now, because my phone used to be great! and i know that windows mobile will lag, its part of having such a hackable phone lol :) ill try and wait it out although for now.

jbearamus 07-25-2009 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nannay12 (Post 1058723)
i have basically the bare minimum on my phone.. i mean it works and all like this.. its just a pain. and i have been wondering about this for a couple weeks now, because my phone used to be great! and i know that windows mobile will lag, its part of having such a hackable phone lol :) ill try and wait it out although for now.

thats what i'm doing, wait it out but i'm riding a ship thats sinking fast. like i said earlier, you may as well take it in and ask, worst case they say no

nannay12 07-25-2009 01:29 AM

haha good call... im thinkin maybe if i take out my memory card then it will run more smoothly too. lol right now theres no point i music etc anyways... if i take it in ill let you know what they tell me.

yearn 07-25-2009 01:37 AM

Have you tried flashing a custom ROM? Or are you still on the stock ROM?

jbearamus 07-25-2009 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nannay12 (Post 1058741)
haha good call... im thinkin maybe if i take out my memory card then it will run more smoothly too. lol right now theres no point i music etc anyways... if i take it in ill let you know what they tell me.

that'd be appreciated just to see what they say but i'm in a little bit different situation, i tried to get them to replace it but they won't touch it ("i jammed something in the usb port" but the only thing thats been in there is HTC usb cables and i didn't pull the cables at an angle but they still say physical damage) they said insurance, that's why i'm riding it out since i have to gather up the $100 deductible

nannay12 07-25-2009 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yearn (Post 1058747)
Have you tried flashing a custom ROM? Or are you still on the stock ROM?

good point, i have warrior's iphoneclone, because it runs the fastest.. i know how everyone hates to hear about iphones lol i hate em too! just runs the fastest on my phone thats all..

nannay12 07-25-2009 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbearamus (Post 1058748)
that'd be appreciated just to see what they say but i'm in a little bit different situation, i tried to get them to replace it but they won't touch it ("i jammed something in the usb port" but the only thing thats been in there is HTC usb cables and i didn't pull the cables at an angle but they still say physical damage) they said insurance, that's why i'm riding it out since i have to gather up the $100 deductible

Really?? huh.. thats weird how they could tell that it was something other than an HTC product, thats intended to be put in the port, than something thats not intended. you should try to take it into a different sprint store.. maybe not, i mean i dont know the condition of your phone sooo

strra 07-25-2009 01:50 AM

i'd say to try a different rom before you call sprint. if you can't do it via activesync, flash via sd card (that's what i do every time anyway)

yearn 07-25-2009 01:50 AM

You might try flashing the Sprint SHIPPED ROM.
Then flash to a fast stable ROM, Somethng like the Mighty/Silence ROM, Thats known to be pretty much bug free.
Id prolly also try it without the SDcard, just in case its corrupt and causing any problems.
If you've already done all that , then im stumped. Prolly a hardware issue.

jbearamus 07-25-2009 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nannay12 (Post 1058758)
Really?? huh.. thats weird how they could tell that it was something other than an HTC product, thats intended to be put in the port, than something thats not intended. you should try to take it into a different sprint store.. maybe not, i mean i dont know the condition of your phone sooo

they didn't really care the point was the usb connector on the phone was cracked, it still charges (thats why i can actually wait) but it won't connect to my pc anymore so any sync options are out the door
as for the current condition of the phone...the cracked chrome issue blew into a full blown case crack right next to the volume up button, theres also a chip in the chrome on the face on the lower right hand side so at this point the usb port is moot, they won't touch it for the physical damage alone
and i would've tried another store but the next corporate store is 45 minutes from home

nannay12 07-25-2009 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbearamus (Post 1058764)
they didn't really care the point was the usb connector on the phone was cracked, it still charges (thats why i can actually wait) but it won't connect to my pc anymore so any sync options are out the door
as for the current condition of the phone...the cracked chrome issue blew into a full blown case crack right next to the volume up button, theres also a chip in the chrome on the face on the lower right hand side so at this point the usb port is moot, they won't touch it for the physical damage alone
and i would've tried another store but the next corporate store is 45 minutes from home

so basically you are screwed for now. that really sucks.. lol i bet your phone looks a little like this then http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=70273

nannay12 07-25-2009 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yearn (Post 1058760)
You might try flashing the Sprint SHIPPED ROM.
Then flash to a fast stable ROM, Somethng like the Mighty/Silence ROM, Thats known to be pretty much bug free.
Id prolly also try it without the SDcard, just in case its corrupt and causing any problems.
If you've already done all that , then im stumped. Prolly a hardware issue.

ive heard of trying this, and i wasnt too sure if it actually works.. ill try it and post what my results are. i only have a 64 mb card... :angry7: saddest thing. i need to find a good deal on a reasonable card to make my phone useful lol
THANKS!!

yearn 07-25-2009 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nannay12 (Post 1058774)
ive heard of trying this, and i wasnt too sure if it actually works.. ill try it and post what my results are. i only have a 64 mb card... :angry7: saddest thing. i need to find a good deal on a reasonable card to make my phone useful lol
THANKS!!

Heres the link to the newest SHIPPED Sprint ROM-->
http://rapidshare.com/files/17615341...3_Ship.exe.zip

Try it out and let us know how it works for you.

P.S 64mb SDcard!! :sign5:

nannay12 07-25-2009 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yearn (Post 1058778)
Heres the link to the newest SHIPPED Sprint ROM-->
http://rapidshare.com/files/17615341...3_Ship.exe.zip

Try it out and let us know how it works for you.

P.S 64mb SDcard!! :sign5:

haha SHUSH UP!! :) once i get my phone workin right i will get somethin more than 64mb. but thanks for the link im downloadin now !!:mrgreen:

Erythros 07-25-2009 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nannay12 (Post 1058774)
i only have a 64 mb card... :angry7: saddest thing. i need to find a good deal on a reasonable card to make my phone useful lol
THANKS!!

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...58&dcaid=18006

2 GB card w/ SD adapter Plus shipping less than $10.00

2GB is plenty useful on this phone!!!!

yearn 07-25-2009 02:24 AM

Test it out good with that shipped ROM on it, if its still that laggy then you pretty much know its a hardware issue.

nannay12 07-25-2009 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erythros (Post 1058792)
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...58&dcaid=18006

2 GB card w/ SD adapter Plus shipping less than $10.00

2GB is plenty useful on this phone!!!!

buying right now :) hehe ..good find!

jbearamus 07-25-2009 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nannay12 (Post 1058770)
so basically you are screwed for now. that really sucks.. lol i bet your phone looks a little like this then http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=70273

yup, it does suck, plus i can now add the soft reset button doesn't work and the home button thinks its the talk button so now i have 2 talk buttons, assuming the hardware buttons are in the mood to actually work
and the first pic in that link is exactly what's happened to mine, on the lower front, mines a chip not a crack so theres just an obnoxious little black spot on the front of the device

i was trying to hold out for the launch of the TP2 and cross my fingers and hope asurion replaces (yes i know its extremely unlikely) my phone with that but i don't think this will last that long

yearn 07-25-2009 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nannay12 (Post 1058794)
buying right now :) hehe ..good find!

Man those things have gotten cheap!
When I got my Vogue a year and a half ago I paid almost 50$ for that exact same card.
Now you can get an 8gb card for 11$ :angry7:

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-MicroS...8503393&sr=8-2

jbearamus 07-25-2009 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yearn (Post 1058803)
Man those things have gotten cheap!
When I got my Vogue a year and a half ago I paid almost 50$ for that exact same card.
Now you can get an 8gb card for 11$ :angry7:

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-MicroS...8503393&sr=8-2

could be worse, i remember winter of '05 i paid $65 for a 256MB SD card, before microsd was even around! my how things change...

nannay12 07-25-2009 02:43 AM

DANGITT!! i just bought the 2gb card.. and i could have gotten 8gb :( sad day for me. i dunno what to do!? should i buy the 8gb card?.. i dont know if i will need it tho

nannay12 07-25-2009 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbearamus (Post 1058802)
yup, it does suck, plus i can now add the soft reset button doesn't work and the home button thinks its the talk button so now i have 2 talk buttons, assuming the hardware buttons are in the mood to actually work
and the first pic in that link is exactly what's happened to mine, on the lower front, mines a chip not a crack so theres just an obnoxious little black spot on the front of the device

i was trying to hold out for the launch of the TP2 and cross my fingers and hope asurion replaces (yes i know its extremely unlikely) my phone with that but i don't think this will last that long

haha, but wouldnt that be nice?? And i mean, "soo your sayin theres a chance!" lol idk ive had good luck with sprint, and uh.. i dont think that i will ever change.

yearn 07-25-2009 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nannay12 (Post 1058818)
DANGITT!! i just bought the 2gb card.. and i could have gotten 8gb :( sad day for me. i dunno what to do!? should i buy the 8gb card?.. i dont know if i will need it tho

Thats up to you man, depends on what you do.
I gotta Diamond with 4gb fixed Internal Storage and I wish I had 2x that much.
BUT, I keep quite a bit of music on mine and I always gotta few movies on there to.
So it just depends on what you wanna do with it.
2gb will hold quite abit of music but if you wanna watch movies or anything, id say go bigger.

nannay12 07-25-2009 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yearn (Post 1058822)
Thats up to you man, depends on what you do.
I gotta Diamond with 4gb fixed Internal Storage and I wish I had 2x that much.
BUT, I keep quite a bit of music on mine and I always gotta few movies on there to.
So it just depends on what you wanna do with it.
2gb will hold quite abit of music but if you wanna watch movies or anything, id say go bigger.

eh.. i dunno. i think ill be good for now. thanks again for that link tho!=D>
i mean, anything is better than 64mb haha

yearn 07-25-2009 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nannay12 (Post 1058827)
eh.. i dunno. i think ill be good for now. thanks again for that link tho!=D>
i mean, anything is better than 64mb haha

Yes you are correct, lol!
Well its gettin too late for me, keep us posted on your problem

nannay12 07-25-2009 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yearn (Post 1058834)
Yes you are correct, lol!
Well its gettin too late for me, keep us posted on your problem

alright night then.. hopefully we get this figured out

shaggylive 07-25-2009 03:39 AM

yes, much flashing has proven that it takes very little time to do an extra hard-reset after a rom flash is fully loaded including customizations.. and when having trouble and "no rom will work" it's definitely worth trying the "shipped" rom. sometimes even a few flashes and hard-resets is enough to un-mask the zombies... Zoinks!

nannay12 07-25-2009 03:55 AM

i just put on the sprint shipped rom, and TF3D is not loading.. Hard reset did nothing. No activesync connection/data connection it just charges. i have had problems with TF3D not loading before, and i had a thread for it. --> http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74255
I think im going to have to take this phone into sprint..like tomorrow.. and tell them that i cant use this, and i need a new phone basically.
i dont have insurance, but it definitely looks like this is a hardware issue

also like i said earlier, i bought this phone from a guy who originally bought it from sprint.. it worked fine when i bought it from him, and basically all up until on random day. so do i tell the guy at sprint that? or do i tell him that i just bought it from sprint?
thanks, and any other ideas, ill be sure to do tomorrow (well i guess today lol :) )

jbearamus 07-25-2009 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nannay12 (Post 1058881)
i just put on the sprint shipped rom, and TF3D is not loading.. Hard reset did nothing. No activesync connection/data connection it just charges. i have had problems with TF3D not loading before, and i had a thread for it. --> http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74255
I think im going to have to take this phone into sprint..like tomorrow.. and tell them that i cant use this, and i need a new phone basically.
i dont have insurance, but it definitely looks like this is a hardware issue

also like i said earlier, i bought this phone from a guy who originally bought it from sprint.. it worked fine when i bought it from him, and basically all up until on random day. so do i tell the guy at sprint that? or do i tell him that i just bought it from sprint?
thanks, and any other ideas, ill be sure to do tomorrow (well i guess today lol :) )

just tell him you have this phone and its slow and buggy and hard resets don't help, dont mention the other and it shouldn't matter anyway, they have a one year manufacturer warranty and the phone hasn't been out for a year so since theres nothing to show damage they should trade ya

nannay12 07-25-2009 01:30 PM

alright.. thanks ill do that..
but my phone doesnt connect to activsync anymore.. can i use the relocker from bootloader mode?

jbearamus 07-25-2009 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nannay12 (Post 1059279)
but my phone doesnt connect to activsync anymore.. can i use the relocker from bootloader mode?

thats a fine question! ... can anyone answer it? ... cue the crickets?

strra 07-25-2009 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nannay12 (Post 1059279)

you sure can
just go to the bottom of that and download SPRINTRELOCKER.zip

nannay12 07-25-2009 03:38 PM

yupp.. it worked for me!

nannay12 07-25-2009 04:50 PM

touch flo is working a little better sometimes on this shipped rom.. but still takes forever to load.. do you guys know if sprint is open today or tomorrow? or should i just call them?
thanks