PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2008, 10:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

evilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regularevilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regularevilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regularevilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regularevilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to evilecho
Touch Pro & Orb.

For the last couple of days i've been going through different players trying to find the best one for orb. I've try windows media player, tcpmp, coreplayer and kinoma. each of which have their own issues. i can't seem to find anyone that play good quailty and is very smooth all the way through.

What kind of luck have you guys had?
[1x Sprint Touch Diamond][4x Sprint Touch Pro]
[1x Sprint Touch Pro 2]
Only phone ever paid for out of pocket... My first VM4500.....
Now I'm a Sprint Customer for Life!!!!!

Old 11-06-2008, 09:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: n/a
Carrier: n/a

Charles@Kinoma is keeping up the good workCharles@Kinoma is keeping up the good workCharles@Kinoma is keeping up the good work
Re: Touch Pro & Orb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilecho View Post
For the last couple of days i've been going through different players trying to find the best one for orb. I've try windows media player, tcpmp, coreplayer and kinoma. each of which have their own issues.
Rather than using Orb via their mobile web page, be sure to use Kinoma Play's (and Kinoma FreePlay's) built-in Orb support for the best possible experience.

You can log into your Orb server with Kinoma Play via Services > Orb. By using Orb this way, Kinoma Play and your Orb server will dynamically adjust the stream quality in realtime to provide the best-possible experience as the quality of your data connection fluctuates.

Kinoma FreePlay support is nearly the same as Kinoma Play's. Kinoma Play supports more advanced codecs that can provide the same quality at lower bitrates, so it can perform better under challenging network conditions.

-- Charles Wiltgen
Old 11-07-2008, 12:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Bad HAL 9000 is becoming a great contributor

Nice advertisement. Is this kind of thing against the rules? It should be.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:27 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

DanteDrac is just getting started

Hell if his player works and is "FREE", then why not? Some how I doubt it's 100% free though.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

Merovingian is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanteDrac View Post
Hell if his player works and is "FREE", then why not? Some how I doubt it's 100% free though.
There is nothing like a free lunch, remember that. Orb works fine for me using WMP so the problem might be with the O.P's computer maybe not transcoding the stream fast enough or efficient enough.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

shark1987 is keeping up the good workshark1987 is keeping up the good work

well I actually just tried out the Kinoma Player and I think it's awesome. I would definitely recommend it to others.

It's great not having to go through a browser to browse my orb folders, and the video is playing very smooth.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:13 AM
Timeless

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad HAL 9000 View Post
He's directly responding to a customer's complaint about his product and giving direct feedback on how to use it. Usually we complain about how companies never listen to us and don't provide us good support. This guy's actively reading a message board of the people who use his product (which means he'll LEARN from our needs), and providing us direct support in our "native environment," and this pisses you off. Damned if they do, damned if they don't, eh?

Meanwhile while I've heard of the product before, I had no particular interest in it. The information he's provided has informed me of a feature I had requested of Orb and been ignored over, which drastically raises my interest in the software, and his personal touch on the board improves my interest further. So thanks to his involvement here he has gained a customer. See how that works?

Last edited by TurboFool; 11-07-2008 at 02:17 AM.
This post has been thanked 15 times.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:38 AM
Timeless

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Wow, this program is absurdly cool. Anyone figure out how to get it to rotate the video, though, besides sliding open the keyboard?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

r1_rydah is keeping up the good workr1_rydah is keeping up the good workr1_rydah is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad HAL 9000 View Post
Normally I'd agree with you, but I'm a member of another forum Charles frequents, and his tech support is the best I've ever seen... He is good guy, and very responsive to his customers... I used kinoma on my last Palm OS device, and it was the 1st media player I loaded up on my TP...
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:38 AM
Lurker

kcRickSS is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: Touch Pro & Orb.

Woo hoo...my first post here!

This has been driving me crazy too. I went from a Centro that could stream Orb well over the CDMA network (non-EVDO and no wifi) to a sloppy/choppy stream with my Touch Pro over wifi.

I FINALLY found a solution after rolling through various streaming programs. The problem was Opera. When I launch Orb from Internet Explorer and use TCPMP it is finally streaming perfectly.

Hope that helps you out.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro