PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

View Poll Results: Would you like to have a CDMA SMartphone with Direct connect
Love it 26 66.67%
I prefer to use nextel instead 1 2.56%
Nope dont care 12 30.77%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2009, 01:05 AM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh
Direct connect on sprint phones with 3g

Currently some of you might know that sprint now offers direct connect through its own few models of phones which can also access the 3g network instead of using nextel and not getting 3g.
The problem is most of the phones which is 6 phones total that have this feature are all normal phones nothing too fancy like our touch pro.
I know many users would love to see a Smartphone on sprint CDMA network that supports Direct connect without using a Nextel phone.

I talked to a friend who works for sprint, and he told me that if they get enough request's for a smartphone that will be on the sprint CDMA network(not IDEN) and will also have direct connect.
Now wouldnt it be nice to have direct connect on your touch pro 2 along with 3g at the same time.

What you guys can do to help
My friend told me if i can get many people to keep sending emails to Dan@sprint.com suggesting that users would like to have a smartphone with Direct connect on CDMA that they will consider it and possibly put in a work in progress for a new phone.
Please email suggesting this even if you do not use direct connect to help out, because it would really help us out with work related activities, and even quicker communication with friends and family.

Email Dan@sprint.com

After you guys get a response, please post it hear.

Last edited by Merdinh; 07-24-2009 at 11:14 AM.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc touch pro
Carrier: Sprint

Hozin is just getting started
Re: Direct connect on sprint phones with 3g

Now thats one thing i would love to have, Direct connect with 3g or possibly 4g, ill send a email right away.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:09 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

I was a Nextel customer and frankly hated direct connect. Much easier to dial a number.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touchpro 2

TouchPro85 is a n00b

I tried the LG lx400 which is on CDMA with direct connect although its pretty nice, i would really love a Smartphone like you said.
+1
Old 07-24-2009, 01:11 AM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenC View Post
I was a Nextel customer and frankly hated direct connect. Much easier to dial a number.
For me direct connect is way easier, all you do is push the chirp button instead of dialing a number, and in instantly connects.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:15 AM
Lurker

onlymerda is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merdinh View Post
Currently some of you might know that sprint now offers direct connect through its own few models of phones which can also access the 3g network instead of using nextel and not getting 3g.
The problem is most of the phones which is 6 phones total that have this feature are all normal phones nothing too fancy like our touch pro.
I know many users would love to see a Smartphone on sprint CDMA network that supports Direct connect without using a Nextel phone.

I talked to a friend who works for sprint, and he told me that if they get enough request's for a smartphone that will be on the sprint CDMA network(not IDEN) and will also have direct connect.
Now wouldnt it be nice to have direct connect on your touch pro 2 along with 3g at the same time.

What you guys can do to help
My friend told me if i can get many people to keep sending emails to Dan@sprint.com suggesting that users would like to have a smartphone with Direct connect on CDMA that they will consider it and possibly put in a work in progress for a new phone.
Please email suggesting this even if you do not use direct connect to help out, because it would really help us out with work related activities, and even quicker communication with friends and family.

Email Dan@sprint.com

this would be great, i currently have 2 phones one which i use for work as a construction worker which is the Blackberry 8350i with direct connect, and i also have the touch pro with high speed. Now that would be great if i can have both in one phone.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:18 AM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlymerda View Post
this would be great, i currently have 2 phones one which i use for work as a construction worker which is the Blackberry 8350i with direct connect, and i also have the touch pro with high speed. Now that would be great if i can have both in one phone.
haha thats funny i also use both of those phones, and it would be nice to have both in one on a smartphone
Old 07-24-2009, 09:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touchpro 2

TouchPro85 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merdinh View Post
haha thats funny i also use both of those phones, and it would be nice to have both in one on a smartphone

yea it sucks having to carrying around 2 phones, and most of Nextel phones are older then grandma.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

Major_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchPro85 View Post
yea it sucks having to carrying around 2 phones, and most of Nextel phones are older then grandma.
Ha, nice. We still have i50s in our store for repair parts. lol.

Service & Repair Questions? Check out this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74927

Sprint/Nextel Service & Repair Technician

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6932/ubda1308kz0.gif
Don't forget to click on the "THANKS" button if I've helped you.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:29 AM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_Nate View Post
Ha, nice. We still have i50s in our store for repair parts. lol.

Haha i guess you guys are keeping them just in case the caveman comes back with his phone for repair.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro