PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2009, 03:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: At&t

dbord_n is keeping up the good workdbord_n is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
blackberry is faster!!!

ok i know i am beating a dead horse, but i have the TP and my wife has a blackberry curve, well i decided to check the speed test on her phone using the dslreports and i was getting like 700-900 with spikes around 1.4 mbs, and on my phone i am pulling around 300-500. what is going on!!!!! is there something wrong with my phone???? i flashed back to the stock alltel rom and have tried a few radios still nothing!!!! we recently switched from alltel to verizon on the stupid buyout so is it cause of that are they still doing the switching in the system, but if they are doing that why would the blackberry be faster. i forgot that we have rA here too so my TP should be blowing her phone out of the water!!!

Old 07-22-2009, 04:26 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1
Re: blackberry is faster!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but BBs go through RIM's servers for email & web, right? So you won't get an accurate speed test result. I get 9 mbps(grossly inaccurate) when I test with Opera Mini, which also goes through remote servers, so don't feel so bad. Your phone is still better no matter what.

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
Old 07-22-2009, 04:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

Spr0ckEt is keeping up the good workSpr0ckEt is keeping up the good workSpr0ckEt is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Spr0ckEt Send a message via MSN to Spr0ckEt Send a message via Yahoo to Spr0ckEt

It could be that they have different PRL's For some reason, the blackberrys and usb modems get a different PRL class than the smartphones. try searching the site for the latest PRL. Its a pretty easy update. Just remember not to do the *228 option 2 update, as that will reload the other PRL.
Phone history: Moto V265 (5), Moto V710 (4), Moto E815 (1), Moto Q (4), Treo 700wx (3), and XV6800 (5), Alltel Touch Pro (5), VZW Touch Pro 2 (2), HTC Incredible (3), HTC Thunderbolt (5), HTC Rezound (5), HTC DNA (4), Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (3)
Old 07-22-2009, 08:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

I was gonna say faster than a wm 6.5 rom??? I can't agree
speed I have issue with too...it loads very, very slow for me and often makes me want to go where is my opera 9.5!?
Old 07-22-2009, 10:01 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

i think it depends on the browser. i've got opera mini on my 8350i and it's faster than bb web but slower than opera 9.7 on my tp.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:04 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

well, could be an antenna deal too.. I get better speeds if my phone is face down.
also both phones side by side essentially could be competing for the signal some, bb wins coz more $.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon Droid
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

straylight is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuk1 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but BBs go through RIM's servers for email & web, right? So you won't get an accurate speed test result. I get 9 mbps(grossly inaccurate) when I test with Opera Mini, which also goes through remote servers, so don't feel so bad. Your phone is still better no matter what.
Kabuk1 is correct, pages on a BB are parsed and cached through their servers. It is a lot tougher to get an idea as to what the true speed is.

Maybe an accurate test would be to try using a 3rd party browser.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: At&t
Threadstarter

dbord_n is keeping up the good workdbord_n is keeping up the good work

well on the blackberry there is also an option to change how the internet works and u can change it to show as pie, with this u can run the speed test and see the speed. i also tethered both to my laptop and was getting the same results of the bb having faster internet on the standard rev-o then my tp with rA.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

profroopchan is just getting started

On my sprint touch pro, I used to get speeds of 1.2-1.5MB/s down. I havent tested recently.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G/U301 USB Card

gprimr1 is becoming a great contributor

I had a Blackberry Curve before the Touch Pro. I can say without a doubt the Touch Pro smokes the Blackberry.

Blackberry data goes go through RIM's servers, in addition to everything else. I was so disappointed with it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro