PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2009, 12:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro and Samsung i780
Carrier: Indosat Starone

vince_wonk is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Touch Pro with Dual NAM...

i'm the previous owner of HTC Touch Vogue. and i live in Indonesia. i own two number in my phone. is it possible to do the same thing with my Touch Pro? because when i try to do the same method with my vogue, but it won't work for my TP.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:26 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: Sprint Touch Pro with Dual NAM...

sorry dude, that's illegal in usa, so nobody will be any help here.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro and Samsung i780
Carrier: Indosat Starone
Threadstarter

vince_wonk is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
sorry dude, that's illegal in usa, so nobody will be any help here.

ooo icic sorry hehehe
Old 07-24-2009, 12:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

Why is it illegal?
You can setup dual nams, I'm not sure how to on the TP, but it isn't illegal. ESN cloning is illegal, maybe that is what you were thinking.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:35 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

no, problem.

btw, how exactly does that work? can the phone receive calls for either number? or do you have to manually switch to whichever you want to use.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:35 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

i remember a question like this before..

i think they said Nextel was the only company that used to actually allow dual NAM.. he wants 2 different numbers to ring on the same handset, thats not realy cloning.. Dual NAM used to be offered...

OP im pretty sure they didnt come up with a solution last time...
Old 07-24-2009, 12:36 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by apristel View Post
Why is it illegal?
You can setup dual nams, I'm not sure how to on the TP, but it isn't illegal. ESN cloning is illegal, maybe that is what you were thinking.
yea, I guess.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

Yeah I've done this on RAZR V3m's, but I dunno how to do it on any HTC things, I've never really messed with the NAM settings or even if it offers the spot to put another NAM setting.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:38 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth

it will be sweet when fem2cell's can be hacked for voip
Old 07-24-2009, 06:47 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

arent fem2cells just a network booster for your home,so you get better service inside??

what would that have to do with VOIP?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro