PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Would you like to have a CDMA SMartphone with Direct connect
Love it 26 66.67%
I prefer to use nextel instead 1 2.56%
Nope dont care 12 30.77%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2009, 02:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Direct connect on sprint phones with 3g

here is the response I just got:

Thank you for taking the time to write. We'll be looking through all the ideas and feedback we receive.

This will, of course, take some time. I appreciate your patience until we can get you a response. A representative from my office will be contacting you in about a week.

In the meantime, I encourage you to visit www.sprint.com to learn more about the significant savings available to individuals and families through Sprint's Simply Everything and Sprint's Everything Family plans.
Or, through our Ready Now program, make an appointment with a store representative to learn more about how to use your device.

Once again, from all of us at Sprint, thank you.

Dan Hesse
CEO
Sprint

Old 07-24-2009, 02:12 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason25 View Post
here is the response I just got:

Thank you for taking the time to write. We'll be looking through all the ideas and feedback we receive.

This will, of course, take some time. I appreciate your patience until we can get you a response. A representative from my office will be contacting you in about a week.

In the meantime, I encourage you to visit www.sprint.com to learn more about the significant savings available to individuals and families through Sprint's Simply Everything and Sprint's Everything Family plans.
Or, through our Ready Now program, make an appointment with a store representative to learn more about how to use your device.

Once again, from all of us at Sprint, thank you.

Dan Hesse
CEO
Sprint
This is just a confirmation email showing that they have recieved your email, the representative response front their office should be made anywhere from 1-5 business days.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:09 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Seeing PTT in a device like the TP2 would be pretty slim. If I had to hazard a guess at how it works - the devices with 3G and PTT have both a CDMA and iDEN radio.

The TP2 already looks like it's going to have both GSM and CDMA radios. I think we're reaching the point of technical limitations trying to stuff an iDEN radio in there too.

Still, it's something I would like to have back - it's been a long time since I had a phone with PTT, it was fun
Old 07-24-2009, 03:16 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

all the sprintpcs phones i've seen with this feature, actually use the cdma hybrid, which is fancy data trickery, thus if roaming expect delays/glitches. the only time it's useful is when in a team environment and the other person doesn't have to 'pick up' your audio just comes thu. but then again with improved conference calling, that would be better anyway thanks to duplex.
Ident was great cuz you could do direct phone to phone without a tower nearby. but the fcc has been trying to shut down that frequency for a long time, but somehow.. 'nextel' and/or Motorola seem to keep getting extensions.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:34 PM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrake View Post
Seeing PTT in a device like the TP2 would be pretty slim. If I had to hazard a guess at how it works - the devices with 3G and PTT have both a CDMA and iDEN radio.

The TP2 already looks like it's going to have both GSM and CDMA radios. I think we're reaching the point of technical limitations trying to stuff an iDEN radio in there too.

Still, it's something I would like to have back - it's been a long time since I had a phone with PTT, it was fun
Actually what i was mentioning does not use Iden network at all, if you already do not know please check out the sprint phones at sprint.com and look at the LG lx400 and youll know what im talking about.

Sprints direct connect is a new direct connect service which was originaly called QCHat, and uses only the highspeed CDMA network.

Nextel will be shutdown in 2012, and all existing sprint/nextel customers who are using the Nextel version direct connect will be transfered over to sprints direct connect which is currently expanding its Direct connect coverage before the 2012 deadline for Iden network freaquecie.
Sprints cmda direct connect start last year, and has grown almost as large as the nextel direct connect coverage, and will pass that coverage by 2012.

Now the thing we need on the new sprint Direct connect is a SMARTPHONE, because all the new phones they release with the feature are just regular flip phones.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:43 PM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
all the sprintpcs phones i've seen with this feature, actually use the cdma hybrid, which is fancy data trickery, thus if roaming expect delays/glitches. the only time it's useful is when in a team environment and the other person doesn't have to 'pick up' your audio just comes thu. but then again with improved conference calling, that would be better anyway thanks to duplex.
Ident was great cuz you could do direct phone to phone without a tower nearby. but the fcc has been trying to shut down that frequency for a long time, but somehow.. 'nextel' and/or Motorola seem to keep getting extensions.
Yea thats currently because of the Sprint direct connect coverage, its about 40% smaller then nextels, but by 2012 it will pass it, and im hoping by then we can have some good smart phones with that service.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:45 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

wILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wILLk0r3 818 Send a message via Yahoo to wILLk0r3 818

I remember all the jazz about QChat. It's a shame that it's old news and nothing has came from it. When I first read about it, I was EXCITED at the idea, but, that was that... =/
* ROM and Radio combinations change regularly *

http://www.speedtest.net/result/562969487.png

Old 07-24-2009, 03:52 PM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wILLk0r3 818 View Post
I remember all the jazz about QChat. It's a shame that it's old news and nothing has came from it. When I first read about it, I was EXCITED at the idea, but, that was that... =/
yea that was just the begging of it, all of it really starts in 2011 and thats when sprint will start transferring current nextel customers over to their cdma service.
Once nextel is out, i think sprint will pickup on customers and better products and service, because all nextels doing now is bringing it down, if it wasnt for Boost Mobiles new unlimited plan which got sprint alot of prepaid customers, and save their #3 spot otherwise is would have been right down their with us cellular, and possibly Cricket.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I already got a return call (I missed it because I decided I didn't need to be at work past 2pm on a Friday) and a return e-mail from some Erin S.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:58 PM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason25 View Post
I already got a return call (I missed it because I decided I didn't need to be at work past 2pm on a Friday) and a return e-mail from some Erin S.
Erin i haven't heard of that guy before, Karen W. and Jennifer are the ones who actually do their jobs, and they take notes on that, and forward it to proper departments for suggestions.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro