PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2009, 12:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help! Touch Pro Won't Sync Subscription Music

Has anyone running ANY cooked ROM experienced issues with the device not showing up in Napster? I am currently running Juicy8, latest release and anything post Juicy7 has this problem. I have searched everywhere and can find only one other rom which experienced this issue but it was due to the actual DRM files being removed. I am a Napster to Go subscriber, so not trying to do anything illegal, just would like to be able to sync my subscription music.

Last edited by ahuskins; 07-02-2009 at 11:06 PM.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:47 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP
Re: Subscription Music

Anyone?
Old 07-02-2009, 06:16 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

is there a reason your not asking Juicy? after all their his ROMS..

btw, sorry to hear that you psy for your music dowloads... at 10-20 bucks a cd, the industry should get what it deserves... and CD sales have nothing to do with Most Artists $, so your not taking away from them, just the labels that are jacking you on a 35cent cd
Old 07-02-2009, 09:55 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I did pm Juicy. He replied that he made no changes to DRM. I don't think many people use it so it's kinda low on the priority list. frustrating not being able to resolve it though. I can't even get anyone to confirm if it's a common issue or just my device.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

RonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Help! Touch Pro Won't Sync Subscription Music

Personally, I use Replay Music to rip the DRM so I can load it to my TP. Didn't realize it supported it natively...On the other hand, Replay Music = I can buy from Amazon, iTunes, Zune Marketplace, Napster, etc and load it on whatever device I want. My music, I should be able to do what I please with it.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:21 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I don't buy the music, it's subscription, so I don't really want to get into removing the DRM. Just want to sync my subscripion music to my phone.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

cheon5 is a n00b

Yes, I have the exact same problem with my Touch Diamond and Napster to go. I went back to Juicy 7 and it connected to Napster perfectly, tried flashing 8 again and it doesn't work. So it's not just your phone. I've looked everywhere for an answer but haven't found anything so far.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:24 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I thought I was the only human being using Napster to Go on one of these devices. I sent Juicy another PM but haven't heard anything back yet.
It is frustrating. Juicy 8 is soooo good, shame we can't use it.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700<Mogul<TP<TP2<EVO 4G<EVO 3D<Next?

intrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to intrlude Send a message via AIM to intrlude Send a message via MSN to intrlude Send a message via Yahoo to intrlude Send a message via Skype™ to intrlude

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuskins View Post
I thought I was the only human being using Napster to Go on one of these devices. I sent Juicy another PM but haven't heard anything back yet.
It is frustrating. Juicy 8 is soooo good, shame we can't use it.
Were you able to sync your device with w/e medium you use? If you can do that, you should be able to. I flashed from 1 ROM to another and had to format my card and transfer my files all over again. My music was there but would not play.

I transferred 1 song to see if I would recover the licensing information for my tracks but only
worked for a few songs. Currently transferring all my tracks again. Been at it for 2 hours.

Good luck.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:55 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by intrlude View Post
Were you able to sync your device with w/e medium you use? If you can do that, you should be able to. I flashed from 1 ROM to another and had to format my card and transfer my files all over again. My music was there but would not play.

I transferred 1 song to see if I would recover the licensing information for my tracks but only
worked for a few songs. Currently transferring all my tracks again. Been at it for 2 hours.

Good luck.
Nope. The problem is that Napster doesn't even see the device. WMP sees it but it gets classified as a non-plays for sure device. I can sync mp3's or other files which are not DRM'd. Makes me think that the problem with the ROM has to do with whatever designates it as "Plays for Sure". Like I have said, it seems that all of the DRM files are there but who knows.?????

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro