PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2009, 09:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

mtres is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Refurbished phone question

I need a favor. Grab your TP and give me some feedback on the mechanics. Let me explain: My phone bricked after 6 months and I had to take it to a Sprint Service Center. Nice people but the first exchanged phone (they are all refurbished BTW) was really sloppy. The top part of the phone was loose...etc. and the battery cover had a poor silver paint job. Now I'm on my second phone. It also seems a bit loose but I need varification that I'm not crazy. My original phone seemed very tight...even gaps between top & bottom and minscule rotation top on bottom. When I cup my second refurbished phone in by left hand and attempt to adjust the volume the top of the pone rotates right 2mm...with minimal pressure. Also the gap between the left side of the phone and the right is noticably different with the left side being larger. (when I push anything on the screen of the left side there is a noticable give as the top of the phone pushes down)

Another issue...did HTC change the stylus from a magnetic stay to a friction stay? The phone I now have doesn't suck the stylus in and hold it...it's all friction.

Check your phone a give me feedback. My local sprint stores do not carry any new TP now...they say online only so I can't compare this phone with anything. I'm ready to call Sprint and try to get a new TP...these refurbished ones are not too impressive.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

tatoniss is just getting started
Re: Refurbished phone question

yes the same thing with the stylus not sucking in happened to me, but the magnet is still there just put your stylus on side of the phone and it will stick.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:53 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

My TPs never seemed to have the
magnetic stay.

My new TP replacement was NIB
from Sprint. Build date 7-3-09
is solid! No screen wiggle.
Doesn't budge when pressing power
or volume buttons. Even gaps all the way
around.

Other two TPs, both NIB, had all
those issues. Later build dates
definitively equal more solid
build. Hope that helps the keyboard
too!
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 07-23-2009, 10:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

Major_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuff

If it is hard to press the stylus in, then they may not have closed the phone up properly. There is a wire that, if dislodged from its resting place, can interfere with the storage of the stylus. This can be fixed by taking the rear housing off of the Touch Pro then adjusting the position of this little black wire. It has happened to me a few times.

Service & Repair Questions? Check out this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74927

Sprint/Nextel Service & Repair Technician

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6932/ubda1308kz0.gif
Don't forget to click on the "THANKS" button if I've helped you.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

So you mean we need to unscrew the back, is there an way that is less drastic, cause i see the wire that is interfering
Old 07-23-2009, 11:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

Major_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatoniss View Post
So you mean we need to unscrew the back, is there an way that is less drastic, cause i see the wire that is interfering
you can try to use a very small jewelers screwdriver to tuck it back in through the stylus slot, but I believe the only way to be sure that it is seated properly is to remove the rear housing. To do this, you will need a T6 Torx bit. Just take out the stylus, and then the four screws on the back. Make sure when you put it back together that all the cables and connections are solidly hooked up.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

i tried pushing it back and now the whole wire is loose, i can see the whole length of wire with the battery taken out and the stylus will not fit, should i just take it to sprint and tell them
Old 07-24-2009, 04:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

i took it to sprint and they fixed it for me, thanks for the help

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro