PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2009, 06:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

coondogg97 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I don't think its bricked, but what do I do?

Alright, I am admittedly a total n00b. I flashed my Verizon HTC Touch Pro twice and I never had a problem. Well I just went to flash the newest Verizon OEM ROM firmware 1.08(RUU_Raphael_C_VZW_WWE_1.08.605.4_RS_615021_VZ W_1.03.09V_2.01_58002_Ship.exe) so I could start playing with the Visual Voicemail option. I went through the steps and the bootloader came up on the device and the gray screen came up to press the power button to start the process. I hit the power button, the phone rebooted and came to the same screen. I tried a few times, but the phone keeps going to that same screen with the option of flashing or canceling. So now im stuck in an endless loop. Although I am able to get to a bootloader screen that reads "Upgrade ROM code error Please try again) and then the word Serial appears at the bottom. But even if I try to reflash on this screen I get the same connection error on my PC. I am using XP Pro if that matters.

I have tried a hard reset and reflashing, but I get a connection error. I also tried flashing from the SD card but nothing seems to be working (I think I did it correctly, but I can be wrong). Anyone have any clue what I can do to get around this?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Sorry, I just realized this is the completely wrong forum.

Last edited by coondogg97; 07-23-2009 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Wrong Forum, sorry.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

DomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: I don't think its bricked, but what do I do?

connect your phone to your pc and enter bootloader, you should see "usb" at the bottom, no flash from your pc using the .exe
Old 07-23-2009, 07:06 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

coondogg97 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomSim View Post
connect your phone to your pc and enter bootloader, you should see "usb" at the bottom, no flash from your pc using the .exe
Wow, thanks for such a fast response. As soon as I reset the phone to go into bootloader mode the first screen that comes up is the option to either press the power button to start the update or press the action button to cancel. If I hit the action button the bootloader comes up Security Unlocked and has the Upgrade ROM code error but it does not say USB under it. I try to run the executable file and get an an error 260 connection on my PC.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: World HTC Touch Pro 2

silentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to silentjoker

can u get into bootloader multi color screen?
Old 07-23-2009, 07:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

DomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on rep

k take your sd card out and format it to fat32
install winrar if you dont already have it
right click on the .exe and select extract.
rename RUU_signed.nbh to RAPHIMG.nbh
copy RAPHIMG.nbh to the root of your storage card
insert sd card back into phone and then reset back into the bootloader
should load the rom and allow you to hit the power button to update.
if not, you may have a problem with the memory card or your hardspl
Old 07-23-2009, 07:18 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

coondogg97 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentjoker View Post
can u get into bootloader multi color screen?
Yes, thats where I am getting the Upgrade ROM code error. Please try again.

I did the reset into bootloader mode with the device plugged into the computer and didn't have anything in the white section of the bootloader (it didnt say serial or USB). Then I reset the device without it being attached and Serial appears in that white section. Could it be something with my USB drivers? I was able to activesync it initially.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

if you have not had your phone in bootloader while hooked up to your pc before it may take it a few minutes to show "usb" at the bottom as it needs to install the drivers first.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:46 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

coondogg97 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomSim View Post
if you have not had your phone in bootloader while hooked up to your pc before it may take it a few minutes to show "usb" at the bottom as it needs to install the drivers first.
The device was sitting plugged in while I wrote that last post and USB never come up. I am running the flash from the memory card per your instructions and so far it seems like it is updating. I will keep you posted.

Thanks!
Old 07-23-2009, 07:58 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

coondogg97 is a n00b

Alright the phone is re-imaged and booting. It is "prepairing your device for first use". I think I am in the clear!

Thanks again for the help guys!

I <3 DomSim
Old 07-23-2009, 08:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

studentjunk is keeping up the good workstudentjunk is keeping up the good work

I am not completely shure what's going on, but it sounds like the phone flashed halfway to me.

I would remove the sdcard and go into bootloader mode and then try flashing that way. You should also probably take the battery out and put it back in. Not sure if it would help (the battery thing), but it won't hurt, and it solves some phone problems at time.

never mind. i see you posted while I was pontificating.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro