PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   FYI: Shady Sprint Sales (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75938)

Biggnaa20 07-23-2009 03:05 PM

FYI: Shady Sprint Sales

Hey there,

I had to interrupt a sprint rep yesterday from telling a poor misguided woman that the Touch Pro had been discontinued, they weren't upgrading it, and that she would have to buy a Blackberry. The same rep then said that the keyboard problem nearly all of us have been up against would cost her the $100 replacement fee if she wanted to use her TEP.

I set the rep straight regarding the TouchPro2 and sent the lady here for programs, ROMs and info, so hopefully no harm done, but I wanted to give you guys a heads up in case you have any non geeker friends going to the sprint store.

nb

darren.wlsn1 07-23-2009 03:08 PM

Re: FYI: Shady Sprint Sales

sprint reps that stupid? ya, this is news.

hibby50 07-23-2009 03:09 PM

Good Job!

PPCGeeks

Helping one misguided soul at a time...

darren.wlsn1 07-23-2009 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibby50 (Post 1055201)
Good Job!

PPCGeeks

lol @ hibby.

NinjaMom 07-23-2009 03:23 PM

Sprint Reps can be tards for sure. I recently had to replace my pro again for the keyboard. Somehow I got a refurb and a NIB sent to my home at the same time. They caught it, but it was too late to stop shipment on the refurb. So they told me to refuse the refurb at the door. I tried to explain that the shipping boxes look the same... How would I know which to refuse. They told me the new phone would have all the accessories with it. The refurb would not. She couldn't understand that the shipping boxes are IDENTICAL. LOL

Biggnaa20 07-23-2009 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 1055199)
sprint reps that stupid? ya, this is news.

Actually I don't think it was stupid. I am pretty sure it was active malfeasance to try to get her sales numbers up. She was bragging being number one in that store right before the customer came in. Thus the warning to give on to your pals...

nb

elmerfudpucker 07-23-2009 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibby50 (Post 1055201)
PPCGeeks

Yep, from misguided to addict in 3 roms or less!!!:headbang:

one80oneday 07-23-2009 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggnaa20 (Post 1055194)
Hey there,

I had to interrupt a sprint rep yesterday from telling a poor misguided woman that the Touch Pro had been discontinued, they weren't upgrading it, and that she would have to buy a Blackberry. The same rep then said that the keyboard problem nearly all of us have been up against would cost her the $100 replacement fee if she wanted to use her TEP.

I set the rep straight regarding the TouchPro2 and sent the lady here for programs, ROMs and info, so hopefully no harm done, but I wanted to give you guys a heads up in case you have any non geeker friends going to the sprint store.

nb

This kinda happened to me about 6 weeks ago. I was looking to by a diamond and all the reps told me it had been discontinued, called sprint up directly and was able to get it. The phone was for my gf and she wanted to see it before she bought it cus she likes small phones but no one had one to show us, had to go to NYC to finally find one (I live in Tampa, FL)

Biggnaa20 07-23-2009 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elmerfudpucker (Post 1055292)
Yep, from misguided to addict in 3 roms or less!!!:headbang:

I am NOT an addict. I can quit AT ANY TIME!!!!

:drunken::angry7:=D>:disgust:

mikejones13 07-23-2009 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one80oneday (Post 1055297)
This kinda happened to me about 6 weeks ago. I was looking to by a diamond and all the reps told me it had been discontinued, called sprint up directly and was able to get it. The phone was for my gf and she wanted to see it before she bought it cus she likes small phones but no one had one to show us, had to go to NYC to finally find one (I live in Tampa, FL)

Wow NYC from Tampa!!!!! Kinda like how the Palm Pre came out and I have YET to see a working Demo in a sprint store or BB or even The Shack. Every store I have gone to has only the display phone (non-working/no guts) out.. can't play with one but you can look at the display, lol. And sprint still wonders why they are STILL losing customers 4 years and counting.....