PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2009, 11:10 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sharing ROM backups??

I was just sitting here thinking, I wonder if it would work if we shared our backup files of Spb Backup or other backup utilities. It would be like an extended version of rom cooking.
For example, I Download the latest Energy rom, and then add all my customizations, programs, tweaks.
I would think it would be cool to try out somebody elses totally customized rom.
So of course you would need to have the same model phone, and running the same exact rom. Also you would do a selective backup, not including pim, or email settings, or anything else personal. Also if you install programs to Storage card I guess you would need a copy of the programs folder from the storage card. I think that would be all you need to share your totally customized rom with others, right?? Of course you may have to do it privately because of warez rules, unless there are absolutely no warez in your rom.
But I never have tried this idea. But what do you guys think?? Would this even work??? I dont see why not, do you??

Just thought i would throw this idea out there to see what you guys think..

** mods if you think there is any problem with this sharing, please let me know.. I will not post anything here anyways only via email, thanks!

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!

Last edited by Hypnotic2010; 07-26-2009 at 01:38 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:36 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT
Re: Sharing ROM backups??

Definitely will work man, as u said as long as it is the same platform....why not. I did customize stock rom, loaded apps..and shared just fine
Old 07-26-2009, 12:46 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Threadstarter

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Anybody wanna try a fully loaded Energy rom 7/22/09.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotic2010 View Post
Anybody wanna try a fully loaded Energy rom 7/22/09.
Sure, I'll try it (I didn't like that ROM when first I tried it because it refused to run Need For Speed g-sen) but I'll give it another shot.

i have a spare TP that I flash to different ROM's all the time.

~John
Old 07-26-2009, 12:55 PM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I have a whole bunch of total system BU's from all different ROM's (loaded with apps) but they all have all my personal data in them.

~John
Old 07-26-2009, 01:15 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Threadstarter

Ok, pm sent. Give me a little bit to comb over the rom and make sure I got anything personal off.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:45 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Threadstarter

Heres some screens of my rom:
Attached Files
File Type: rar HypEnergyScreenshots.rar (1.36 MB, 2 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-27-2009, 10:10 AM
VIP Member

Got everything just fine, but haven't had tiome to really try it out(I have been working too much)

Might get a chance to mess with it tonight....

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro