PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2009, 05:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1
Re: FYI: Shady Sprint Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlienElite View Post
Wow...dude I would seriously flip out if someone treated me like that...what did you do?
I calmly embarrassed her in front of the whole store & got them to give my d-bag ex a brand new phone, haha...

Oddly enough, I have dealt with her since then & she's been nothing but nice & helpful ever since. Guess she realized you don't scam the 1337 :P

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
Old 07-23-2009, 05:13 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1
Carrier: Sprint

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
she wasnt smart enough to tell you that there would be a very noticeable difference in the weight of the package???
No. LOL

Which I was trying to ask her... What would be the weight of the refurb package. I wasn't guaranteed that they would arrive on the same day. I thought I remembered the NIB being roughly 3lbs... But I wasn't for sure about it.

Luckily they came the same day... So I just opened the heavier of the two.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 07-23-2009, 05:28 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggnaa20 View Post
Another sprint rep tried to get me to pay $150 to fix my charger port. When I said I had insurance he said it wouldn't cover it, but that i could Upgrade! yeah pay another 200 and sign up for 2 more years. I left and called Asurion and had a new (upgraded) phone the next day. Today I saw a Sprint rep try to sell a CDMA Blackberry (not the world edition 8830) to a woman who would spend half her time in France and Canada. She didn't seem to get that she wouldn't be able to use it...nor did she get when i tried to explain the differences between CDMA and GSM.

No success story there...

nb
Back in my verrry early days of WinMo geeking, I had an old ppc-6600(the very first EVDO handset w/the up-sliding keyboard) that I tried to flash... on VISTA. I didn't know that the RUU wouldn't work on Vista(this was 3 years ago & I had an early RC version), and couldn't boot the phone at all. I panicked & thought I bricked it, and took it to the closest repair center. An hour later, they came out & told me it was 'fried' & that I'd have to buy a new phone(even though I had insurance). I took it back, went home, did some research, and reflashed it successfully on an XP machine. Viola! It booted just fine. So much for being 'fried'. I was so mad, I couldn't believe that they didn't just try reflashing it at the store. I guarantee all that happened was that they reset it a couple times and let it sit on a table for an hour while they picked their cracks & tried to look busy.

Another time with the same ex that had the Treo, his new phone started messing up again after a few months so we took it to the repair shop to have it looked at(same one that I took the 6600 to). They took it apart, broke it even more rendering it totally unusable, and gave it back telling us there was nothing they could do & to buy a new phone. I had him call Sprint retentions & file a complaint, and they sent him out a brand new phone for free after hearing what happened.

I have since filed a complaint on that store, not that it did any good. Dont ever go to the sprint store on I-240 in Oklahoma City!

I had a problem with my bill once, I was double billed one month & the manager at the local store told me that they bill you for 2 months sometimes. Well, I get a bill the next month right on time. So I go back, ask him to explain this one, and he just pointed to the red Customer Service phone & went back to his paperwork. I call CS, explain the problem, explain what he told me, and they ask to speak to him. He takes the phone, and tells them that he NEVER told me that, and he didn't know what I was talking about. I was shocked. He basically called me a LIAR right in front of my face. I left & called Cs back, and they found out that I had indeed been double billed, and I was credited for the overage. So he not only insulted me, he BSed me too. Thankfully, that store has a new manager.

With all the obvious incompetence of Sprint reps, why won't they hire qualified people? LIKE ME?!?! Aaaaargh.

Last edited by kabuk1; 07-23-2009 at 05:37 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro TWO!

TheAlienElite is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to TheAlienElite Send a message via MSN to TheAlienElite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuki
With all the obvious incompetence of Sprint reps, why won't they hire qualified people? LIKE ME?!?! Aaaaargh.
+1 ha.

I went to the Sprint store in the mall of...Kankakee I think, asking questions about my TP, the guy said they know nothing about the TP and they don't stock it because it's so expensive...

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=iphone

Phone History Mogul > Touch Pro > Touch Pro2
Old 07-23-2009, 06:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

bjhill2112 is keeping up the good workbjhill2112 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
+1 ha.

I went to the Sprint store in the mall of...Kankakee I think, asking questions about my TP, the guy said they know nothing about the TP and they don't stock it because it's so expensive...
That's likely true - however the store in the mall is probably not an actual Sprint store. Sprint has several authorized retailers that use the Sprint name but are not under direct control of Sprint.

I will also say that the TP and the Diamond are no longer being stocked at the stores (or at Best Buys) in prep for the release of the 2s - expected some time in September, but don't hold your breath. You can still get them directly from Sprint though.

And btw - I can't stand the Pre. Better than the iPhail, but still wouldn't trade my WM - especially w/ 6.5
Old 07-23-2009, 07:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

Major_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuff

Quote:
+1 ha.

Ya, I remember when I first got my 6800 Mogul on eBay, then brought it in to my store that I worked in in our Mall, we did not have any available to sell there either. Once I got to show it off to customers, and also spread the word about ppcgeeks, our manager went ahead and ordered 6-8 of them, and we could not keep them in stock fast enough. All the while I had my USB drive with all my CABs backed up in case customers wanted stuff...haha.

Service & Repair Questions? Check out this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74927

Sprint/Nextel Service & Repair Technician

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6932/ubda1308kz0.gif
Don't forget to click on the "THANKS" button if I've helped you.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjhill2112 View Post

And btw - I can't stand the Pre. Better than the iPhail, but still wouldn't trade my WM - especially w/ 6.5
I think what's kinda funny is, people complain about the shoddy hardware quality of the Diamond/TouchPro & ask if they should "upgrade" to a Pre.

Well, my boss did exactly that. He returned his 4th defective Pre last week (the Pre hardware is absolute junk)& went back to a BB saying "never again"

~John
Old 07-23-2009, 09:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

davidgelb is just getting started

Yeah....it happens....

I once had a Sprint rep tell me that he would do an in-store swap of my defective 6700 for a 6800 (cause they didn't have the 6700 any longer) but it requires a purchase of at least $99 in accessories!!!

I used to be a Sprint employee and have been a customer for over 11 years...I know this is not policy but simply a rep trying to boost his sales...something that is not right and misleading to the customer.

So, I ended up buying a BT headset and some additional accessories that I later decided I really didn't want. SO, I returned them. Still had the new handset, but not the accessories I was forced to purchase.

I just don't like being strong-armed into something that is just a lie.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:28 PM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

yea 98.99997% of all sprint reps are complete morons when it comes to the phones they are selling i was in the local store today looking for a replacement phone for ME !

when a guy was in with his Touch pro saying the keyboard lag is killing him . the "rep" said what keyboard lag he has had his touch pro since release and not had this happen ..

i jump in with a quick google search and say dont be stupid look it's just not him and showed him the google search of 40 + pages of keyboard lag complaints . he stops looks @ me and sak WHO are you ? i just say a VERY UNHAPPY touch pro owner lol . then i pull my touch pro out . show the guy the keyboard lag fix posted here on PPCGEEKS .. he just happen to have total commander on his phone and BOOM restarted and lag is gone. best part is when the "rep" just stood staring at me looking as if he wanted to rip my head off
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:41 PM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMom View Post
Sprint Reps can be tards for sure. I recently had to replace my pro again for the keyboard. Somehow I got a refurb and a NIB sent to my home at the same time. They caught it, but it was too late to stop shipment on the refurb. So they told me to refuse the refurb at the door. I tried to explain that the shipping boxes look the same... How would I know which to refuse. They told me the new phone would have all the accessories with it. The refurb would not. She couldn't understand that the shipping boxes are IDENTICAL. LOL
how did u end up getiing a NIB? who did u have to talk to, what did u say. this last time my phone went bad they sent me a refurb and that one had probs so they sent me another and this one has other problems...funny thing is i looked in my closet last night and counted 6 retail tp boxes that my wife and i have gone through, i havent been keeping count on the refurbs, my last refurb lasted quite a while with no problems till the keyboard died...id like to get a new one again but advanced exchange escalations says they cant get me a new one, just another phone but it will be a refurb, what if i wait till the tp2 comes out and ask them to swap to that one? think they will or say no cuz they dont have any refurbs

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro