PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2009, 04:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Sprint

elosogrande7076 is keeping up the good workelosogrande7076 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: FYI: Shady Sprint Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by one80oneday View Post
This kinda happened to me about 6 weeks ago. I was looking to by a diamond and all the reps told me it had been discontinued, called sprint up directly and was able to get it. The phone was for my gf and she wanted to see it before she bought it cus she likes small phones but no one had one to show us, had to go to NYC to finally find one (I live in Tampa, FL)
WOw....where in Tampa/which store did u go to?
Old 07-23-2009, 04:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Threadstarter

Biggnaa20 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Biggnaa20 Send a message via Skype™ to Biggnaa20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejones13 View Post
Wow NYC from Tampa!!!!! Kinda like how the Palm Pre came out and I have YET to see a working Demo in a sprint store or BB or even The Shack. Every store I have gone to has only the display phone (non-working/no guts) out.. can't play with one but you can look at the display, lol. And sprint still wonders why they are STILL losing customers 4 years and counting.....
That's funny every Sprint Store I have been in since launch has had the Pre. that was actually the reason I was in the store...to play with the Pre.

Else i stay away from those places. I hate having to pretend like i need the reps advice.

nb
Old 07-23-2009, 04:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

scorpionreign is just getting started

I played with a Palm Pre and BB for a week each and decided to keep my TP. There are so many different thing you can do with WM Devices vs BB or Palm Pre. And with the Manila v2.5 and WM 6.5. Why have anything else.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpionreign View Post
I played with a Palm Pre and BB for a week each and decided to keep my TP. There are so many different thing you can do with WM Devices vs BB or Palm Pre. And with the Manila v2.5 and WM 6.5. Why have anything else.
Yeah, the ABILITY to customize is the reason I have stuck with windows mobile. From HP Jornada to Apache to Mogul to Raphael. I have been in there making it work for me.

The NEED to customize is something that has started to grate on me.

I have tried out 4 Roms since I had to return my last TP and Juicy 8 didn't reload properly for some reason. I know that there will be things that I miss from WinMo when i move on. but I can only hope that WinMo gives me a reason to come back...I used to love my Treo 650 until it became so stale I needed to look elsewhere. And boy did they come back..

I am rooting for WinMo. More choice saves the consumer, but I can't stick around when they still don't seem to get it.

All that said, I'm keeping my Touch Pro in case Palm makes me feel stifled...

nb
Old 07-23-2009, 04:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

I have corrected reps before too. One of my exes had a defective Treo last year, the keyboard died after 10 days, and the rep(who barely looked up from her pink Centro the whole time) tried to tell him that he would have to drive 20 miles to another repair center & PAY to have it fixed. I stopped her in mid-sentence & reminded her of the 30-day exchange policy AND the fact that he had insurance, and she was like "Whatever, go talk to my manager..." and went back to playing with her phone. So apparently she just didn't FEEL like helping us, so she was trying to get rid of us by telling him that BS.

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
Old 07-23-2009, 04:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro TWO!

TheAlienElite is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to TheAlienElite Send a message via MSN to TheAlienElite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuk1 View Post
I have corrected reps before too. One of my exes had a defective Treo last year, the keyboard died after 10 days, and the rep(who barely looked up from her pink Centro the whole time) tried to tell him that he would have to drive 20 miles to another repair center & PAY to have it fixed. I stopped her in mid-sentence & reminded her of the 30-day exchange policy AND the fact that he had insurance, and she was like "Whatever, go talk to my manager..." and went back to playing with her phone. So apparently she just didn't FEEL like helping us, so she was trying to get rid of us by telling him that BS.
Wow...dude I would seriously flip out if someone treated me like that...what did you do?

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=iphone

Phone History Mogul > Touch Pro > Touch Pro2
Old 07-23-2009, 04:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: A Perma-Temp Rooted HTC EVO 3D

RidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejones13 View Post
Wow NYC from Tampa!!!!! Kinda like how the Palm Pre came out and I have YET to see a working Demo in a sprint store or BB or even The Shack. Every store I have gone to has only the display phone (non-working/no guts) out.. can't play with one but you can look at the display, lol. And sprint still wonders why they are STILL losing customers 4 years and counting.....
i live in st louis and the store in florissant has two working pres on display. i got to play with it recently while waiting for my phone to get swapped and i must say the interface is pretty nice but not for me. ill take my winmo device any day hands down.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

lemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggnaa20 View Post
Yeah, the ABILITY to customize is the reason I have stuck with windows mobile. From HP Jornada to Apache to Mogul to Raphael. I have been in there making it work for me.

The NEED to customize is something that has started to grate on me.

I have tried out 4 Roms since I had to return my last TP and Juicy 8 didn't reload properly for some reason. I know that there will be things that I miss from WinMo when i move on. but I can only hope that WinMo gives me a reason to come back...I used to love my Treo 650 until it became so stale I needed to look elsewhere. And boy did they come back..

I am rooting for WinMo. More choice saves the consumer, but I can't stick around when they still don't seem to get it.

All that said, I'm keeping my Touch Pro in case Palm makes me feel stifled...

nb
I agree, the customization of windows mobile is unmatched. However, a friend of mine just got the BB tour a couple weeks ago and while my phone can do a whole lot more than his, his actually works 100% of the time rather than say 70% of the time like my diamond,'

I wont be jumping from windows mobile anytime soon but with the promise of a bug free phone I completely understand why people make the switch
Old 07-23-2009, 05:03 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMom View Post
Sprint Reps can be tards for sure. I recently had to replace my pro again for the keyboard. Somehow I got a refurb and a NIB sent to my home at the same time. They caught it, but it was too late to stop shipment on the refurb. So they told me to refuse the refurb at the door. I tried to explain that the shipping boxes look the same... How would I know which to refuse. They told me the new phone would have all the accessories with it. The refurb would not. She couldn't understand that the shipping boxes are IDENTICAL. LOL
she wasnt smart enough to tell you that there would be a very noticeable difference in the weight of the package???
Old 07-23-2009, 05:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuk1 View Post
Another sprint rep tried to get me to pay $150 to fix my charger port. When I said I had insurance he said it wouldn't cover it, but that i could Upgrade! yeah pay another 200 and sign up for 2 more years. I left and called Asurion and had a new (upgraded) phone the next day. Today I saw a Sprint rep try to sell a CDMA Blackberry (not the world edition 8830) to a woman who would spend half her time in France and Canada. She didn't seem to get that she wouldn't be able to use it...nor did she get when i tried to explain the differences between CDMA and GSM.

No success story there...

nb

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro