PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2009, 01:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

TCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Alltel to Verizon tower issue

OK, earlier this month I was moved from Alltel to Verizon. So here is my issue. I have two phones; one for work (whick was already a Verizon phone) and one for personal (Alltel TP). For ease I will just call them Verizon and Alltel. Before the switch there were areas that my Verizon phone would work but my Alltel would not. And there were also areas where my Alltel would work and my Verizon would not. I can understand my Verizon phone still having dead spots after the switch. Alltel may not have their towers updated yet but why is my Alltel phone not getting signal now when my Verizon phone does. Shouldn't it be seeing the Verizon towers now that I am a Verizon customer? I have already performed a *228 option 2 (roaming) and option 1 (programming) many times with no improvement in service. I have also called Verizon 5 different times and get hung up on every time they transfer me to broadband support. And that was after the 5 minutes of automated attendants and voice prompts. I miss Alltel where you could just dial a number and a person answer that you could understand.

Any ideas what I need to do to get my phone to see the Verizon towers?
Old 07-23-2009, 02:24 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker
Re: Alltel to Verizon tower issue

Correct me if I am wrong, (sprint guy here) But have you tried to update the PRL via settings menu?
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 07-23-2009, 02:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

TCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I though that the *228 option 2 was the prl. If so I have done this about 20 times since the 14th. If there is a way to do it from a seetings menu, I will try that. Where is that setting? I don't see it on my phone.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

On mine it is in the settings menu, system tab, update prl. But as I noted I am on sprint so I am not sure it is the same.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Nope, mine doesn't have it. Looks like my only option is the *228. Currently have a PRL of 40052 (Alltel now Verizon- and not by choice). I do appriciate to assistance though.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: At&t

dbord_n is keeping up the good workdbord_n is keeping up the good work

hey i have been going through the same thing. my data doesn't work as good and i have less signal now. all i could get was that they are still upgrading towers and to just wait it out. i also have the 40052 prl here in TX. i don't really know if it will get better but they keep saying its going to, lol

Old 07-23-2009, 03:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I could understand my Verizon phone not hitting the Alltel towers until they are upgraded, but not my Alltel(now Verizon) phone which has already been moved to Verizon, not getting access on the Verzion towers. Why would the Verizon tower need an upgrade? Its already a Verizon tower.

I tell ya, I miss the customer support from Alltel. I have been a Verizon customer for 9 days and it sucks.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: VzW

mnkyvndor is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to mnkyvndor

have you updated to the new radio?
Old 07-23-2009, 04:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: VzW

mnkyvndor is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to mnkyvndor

http://www.htc.com/us/supportdownloa...act=sd&cat=all

the newest rom update just before verizion totally took over... new radio included... or you can probably grab it round here somewhere
Old 07-23-2009, 04:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

OK, I just called my componies major account rep for Verizon. He said there is a hybrid PRL for this and wants me to send him my number and they will push it to my phone or have me take it into the store for a reprogram. Does anybody already have this hybrid prl, or know if whatever he said they need to do is going to adversly affect my phone. Such as stop my GPS from working? I use that thing with Garmin Mobile XT, BeLine GPS, and Geoscout. Just want to get your response before I send him my info.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro