PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2009, 07:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

TCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Alltel to Verizon tower issue

Thanks guys for all the insight. I will send our major accounts rep my information and let him have it pushed. Its just real frustrating when one phones works and one doesn't. Especially with all the hype about you now will have better coverage that I have yet to see.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro; previously vx6700, Audiovox Thera (some sort of early HTC thing?)
Carrier: VZW

austinitor is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to austinitor

Please forgive the somewhat off-topic post, but it seems those posting on this might know more of the state of things.

Would any of the knowledgeable gentlemen in the thread have any insights on getting an Alltel Touch Pro activated on a VZW account? I've loaded a VZW PRL and programmed the phone through QPST, etc, as per the old SPCS->VZW guide. Following that, I've gotten nowhere with:
  • OTA programming ("Alltel Market Restriction")
  • getting an MEID addition to DMD through the call center (promised callbacks that never happened, chewed out by "supervisor" and then denied escalation)
  • a VZW store (only willing to provide form for "handsetlocksettlement"; not inclined to send the phone to Texas for eight weeks)
  • the "handsetlocksettlement" email address (no response yet)
Help?
Old 07-28-2009, 12:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro PPC-6850
Carrier: Sprint

JoeBobOneHalf is becoming a great contributor

I personally would just transition to sprintpcs so long as they get good service in you're area. you could always buy a cheap virgin mobile phone if you want to test it out first.
PHONE HISTORY: Sony Ericsson T61c> LG VX7000 (Charging Port Broke)>LG vx8500 (Chocolate) X5 (Phone was a piece of ****)> LG vx8600> Samsung u740 (I don't even remember by now)> Samsung u740 (No service)> Samsung u740 (10 Dropped calls daily) (Goodbye Verizon) > PPC6800 Mogul)>Moto Q9c> PPC6800 Mogul > PPC6850 Touch Pro (Plus a PPC6900 just for fun)
Old 07-28-2009, 12:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: RHOD500
Carrier: VZW

vzwdts is keeping up the good workvzwdts is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinitor View Post
Please forgive the somewhat off-topic post, but it seems those posting on this might know more of the state of things.

Would any of the knowledgeable gentlemen in the thread have any insights on getting an Alltel Touch Pro activated on a VZW account? I've loaded a VZW PRL and programmed the phone through QPST, etc, as per the old SPCS->VZW guide. Following that, I've gotten nowhere with:
  • getting an MEID addition to DMD through the call center (promised callbacks that never happened, chewed out by "supervisor" and then denied escalation)
  • a VZW store (only willing to provide form for "handsetlocksettlement"; not inclined to send the phone to Texas for eight weeks)
Help?
On VZW's end, there are edits in the system which disallow the Alltel ESNs to be loaded onto a VZW calling plan. This is hardlocked into the device database, hence why you're getting the "Alltel Market Restriction" error. The reps see the same error when they attempt to activate the Alltel ESN and have no way overriding it. The Handset Lock Settlement covers a very specific group of phones and will not help you in this situation. Why VZW has decided to take this step is beyond me, but this is what we have to work with. Sorry, man.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch pro
Carrier: Vzw

CoMtnMan is a n00b

Originally Posted by austinitor

Help?

Had similar problem...check your pm's

Last edited by CoMtnMan; 07-28-2009 at 12:22 PM. Reason: need to add line
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

ncwildcat is a n00b

Has anybody been able to extract this Hybrid PRL? I have been experiencing the same drop in signal quality since the takeover and it sucks - really a drain on the battery when you switch from 1x to rA all day long because the signal has dropped off so much
Old 08-31-2009, 11:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

TCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Haven't gotten the Hybrid yet but 40053 showed up on my phone without me doing the *228. It seems to have helped.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 40053.zip (2.5 KB, 12 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro