PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Having Trouble Updating Radio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75891)

S0N 07-23-2009 12:22 PM

Having Trouble Updating Radio

Hey. I'm new to the forums and just recently uploaded some new rom (MightRom6) to my Verizon HTC Touch Pro. I've been trying to flash a new radio (bell 3.42.50, titan 3.42.50) on my phone for the past few days. Basically any 3.42.50 radio I can find. I' am having no luck. I've read the stickies about flashing through an update utility or flash from the sd card. I've changed the signed image to raphimg when flashing on the sd card but no luck there. I was hoping if anybody could help me out. Or put me in the right direction to a good thread that could help me. Thanks.

Darkjedi 07-23-2009 12:29 PM

Re: Having Trouble Updating Radio

What error message does it give?

S0N 07-23-2009 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkjedi007 (Post 1054757)
What error message does it give?

For the update utility I use verizon's and then copy the radio file into the folder I have it in. It goes through the bootloader screen and goes to 8% and then says invalid Id. But it shows the picture of htc touch pro. And when I try to flash it from sd card i get it to the bootloader screen and it doesn't load the img file from the sd card. I hope thats what you wanted to know.

basilray 07-23-2009 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S0N (Post 1054900)
For the update utility I use verizon's and then copy the radio file into the folder I have it in. It goes through the bootloader screen and goes to 8% and then says invalid Id. But it shows the picture of htc touch pro. And when I try to flash it from sd card i get it to the bootloader screen and it doesn't load the img file from the sd card. I hope thats what you wanted to know.

Probably because you are flashing a radio for a different device. Make sure you grab a TP radio and chances are good you'll have better results.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74422

S0N 07-23-2009 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basilray (Post 1055041)
Probably because you are flashing a radio for a different device. Make sure you grab a TP radio and chances are good you'll have better results.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74422

Thank You. Very appreciated.

S0N 07-23-2009 02:24 PM

There isn't any updated version higher then 1 something. I can't update to like 3 something. If so just let me know

basilray 07-23-2009 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S0N (Post 1055077)
There isn't any updated version higher then 1 something. I can't update to like 3 something. If so just let me know

Well, different devices will have different radio numbers. The 3.x series came from Mogul/Touch (Titan/Vogue)...I think...I know the Touch I bought my gf has a 3.2x radio version...some of which do and do not have GPS enabled.

There are a number of solid radios from the TP/Diamond series in the thread I posted you before that should get the job done for you. The newest one for Sprint works GREAT for me...but a lot of people have good luck with the Telus radio. Just try each one for a few days, monitoring battery life and signal strength and see which fits best for you.

PM me and we can chat over AIM if you need more help or have questions. And not to be that guy, but the thanks button is my friend ;)

gmdphd 07-23-2009 07:39 PM

Hey Basilray,

Which Sprint radio are you using on your TP?

Quote:

Originally Posted by basilray (Post 1055885)
Well, different devices will have different radio numbers. The 3.x series came from Mogul/Touch (Titan/Vogue)...I think...I know the Touch I bought my gf has a 3.2x radio version...some of which do and do not have GPS enabled.

There are a number of solid radios from the TP/Diamond series in the thread I posted you before that should get the job done for you. The newest one for Sprint works GREAT for me...but a lot of people have good luck with the Telus radio. Just try each one for a few days, monitoring battery life and signal strength and see which fits best for you.

PM me and we can chat over AIM if you need more help or have questions. And not to be that guy, but the thanks button is my friend ;)

S0N 07-23-2009 10:22 PM

Thanks for the help basilray. Ill keep you updated in the next few days.

basilray 07-24-2009 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmdphd (Post 1055972)
Hey Basilray,

Which Sprint radio are you using on your TP?

I am using the 1.1 radio for my TP. It's been SOOOOOOOO much better than the stock radio it's not even funny.

BUT, I'm in Minneapolis. YMMV in other places.